Part Number for Pinion Bearing [Gen1]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jondle

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the input, but I tried a bearing puller without heat, then with heat. Then I cut it with a dremel and chisel. Then I dremeled out a 1/2" wide strip. Then I welded a quick bead around it because I saw on youtube that when the weld cools, it contracts and pulls the race in. Then I called a 3rd party and he had no luck either. My next move was having a machine shop drill it out, but that seemed like a lot of work vs. just replacing it.

I got it from a dealer in NY that freighted it to me. Everything else is back ordered, but they had it in stock or close by.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate the input, but I tried a bearing puller without heat, then with heat. Then I cut it with a dremel and chisel. Then I dremeled out a 1/2" wide strip. Then I welded a quick bead around it because I saw on youtube that when the weld cools, it contracts and pulls the race in. Then I called a 3rd party and he had no luck either. My next move was having a machine shop drill it out, but that seemed like a lot of work vs. just replacing it.

I got it from a dealer in NY that freighted it to me. Everything else is back ordered, but they had it in stock or close by.
You're lucky they had it around, odd. Still, hope you didn't throw that housing out, somebody would spend the time to fix it, just saying. There seems to always be somebody on here looking for one and since you're in the heart of Raptor country, it wouldn't take much to get rid of it. Anyway, glad you're doing it right, she's going to have a nice rearend when you're done.
1625591235446.png