Parking brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Alright so my parking brake pushes straight to the floor with no resistance. Needless to say it does not hold the vehicle either. Where do I make the adjustment for this thing? Anyone else had this issue if so what was your fix?

OP
OP
Sircottonballz
Reaction score
Yea I see the cable underneath and it doesn't appear to be broken. But I also don't see an adjustment. I'll take a few min to check that video out above. I just didn't know if our trucks were different when it comes to brakes than your standard f150.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a little rubber grommet on each rear brake shield, pull em off and insert a flat head and move the cog wheel

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is a little rubber grommet on each rear brake shield, pull em off and insert a flat head and move the cog wheel

Chances are pretty good he doesn't have drum brakes on the rear of his Raptor.

OP you have a broken brake cable, there are 3 on this truck but chances are good your primary is broken. Look under the truck, right next to the back of the drivers side running board. You will see a black cable with some blue plastic doodads on it. Have someone depress the ebrake and watch for movement. If no movement the primary cable is broken. If it moves there then one of your secondary cables that splits off the primary is bad.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chances are pretty good he doesn't have drum brakes on the rear of his Raptor.

OP you have a broken brake cable, there are 3 on this truck but chances are good your primary is broken. Look under the truck, right next to the back of the drivers side running board. You will see a black cable with some blue plastic doodads on it. Have someone depress the ebrake and watch for movement. If no movement the primary cable is broken. If it moves there then one of your secondary cables that splits off the primary is bad.

Its not drum brakes, it's disk over drum, the parking brake is a drum. just replaced all rotors, that is how to parking brake is adjusted