Panoramic roof noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just recleaned mine again, this time using engine degreaser to really get the caked on crud off the rubber seals. Also ran a cloth with a credit card all the way around the rear stationary panel to clean that as well. Lastly put a medium coat of Gummi Pflege on the seals. Dead quiet for now...

usurper

Reaction score
I see a lot of discussions about squeaking, but I have a noticeable rattle. Almost like a tapping or flexing. The sound seems like it's coming from the rear panel - has anyone had a similar noise or fix related to the rear, non-moving, panel?

Gary Wren

Reaction score
My 19' is making a thunk noise when going over bumps, sounds like two things banging into each other, not a rattle. I think its coming from the back panel too. Thought it was the sunscreen, it seemed to not do it when the sunscreen was open, but that got ruled out after a day. Haven't poked around up there yet to see if anything is loose yet.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Posted in another similar thread about this....but adjusting height of fixed panel cured it on mine (six T25 bolts, three on each side). I put the front of the panel in a mid position and the back as far down as possible....the back being in the bottommost position was critical to eliminating my noise. I also no longer see water going into the drip channel during a carwash.

Try and find a good section of rough pavement to reliably/repeatably test changes with and make adjustments.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in another similar thread about this....but adjusting height of fixed panel cured it on mine (six T25 bolts, three on each side). I put the front of the panel in a mid position and the back as far down as possible....the back being in the bottommost position was critical to eliminating my noise. I also no longer see water going into the drip channel during a carwash.

Try and find a good section of rough pavement to reliably/repeatably test changes with and make adjustments.

ive made a few rear fixed panel adjustments but can’t get that rattle/thump to stay away. Can you post a couple pictures from the outside on your glass placement