Panoramic roof noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apache

Reaction score
I have 34,000mi now, at about 5000mi I had the clunking noise. I did pretty much the same thing except I used dielectric grease (it doesn’t breakdown rubber and plastics). For the back part I forced it from the top using my thumb. Never had a noise since.

Thanks for that tip, i'll do this next cleaning!!!!

I brought my truck to the dealer and took their chief mechanic for a ride. He quickly deduced that it is the sunroof's back panel creaking over rough roads. I'm so unhappy that I ordered the sunroof option. It's incredible to me that a truck of this build quality and capability could have such a glaring issue just 2k into it's life. If you live somewhere that has bad roads like I do, I highly recommend NOT getting the sunroof. Very disappointed that I did.

Mustang

Reaction score
I read the posts here. Looking to purchase a Raptor later this year or spring of next. I like the sun roof, have one in my wife's Ford Edge, just I will for go this option on the Raptor. Looks like the sun roof is a no for people who want to use the truck like a truck and for what it was built for.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another tip is after a rain or wash the mesh screen in the front that pops up needs to dry out or it will start stinking/mildew, so if you can open the sunroof and let that air out overnight, especially if you are in a garage--

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I brought my truck to the dealer and took their chief mechanic for a ride. He quickly deduced that it is the sunroof's back panel creaking over rough roads. I'm so unhappy that I ordered the sunroof option. It's incredible to me that a truck of this build quality and capability could have such a glaring issue just 2k into it's life. If you live somewhere that has bad roads like I do, I highly recommend NOT getting the sunroof. Very disappointed that I did.

Mine is quiet as can be even off-roading frequently. I think the master mecanic does not know what he is talking about.

dasbury

Reaction score
Ford finally replaced my rails and it is finally silent. I had it in three times before they finally fixed it right. The first 2 times they cleaned and lubricated it.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine off the lot, so it has one. I have not even had the shade open since the day I drove it home, due to the blazing Texas sun. When it cools down, I might give it a try, but I sure hope mine is quiet! (I have not noticed any sounds, yet)

Did you notice the sound when your roof shade was closed?

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine off the lot, so it has one. I have not even had the shade open since the day I drove it home, due to the blazing Texas sun. When it cools down, I might give it a try, but I sure hope mine is quiet! (I have not noticed any sounds, yet)

Did you notice the sound when your roof shade was closed?

Not to be doom and gloom, but don't be surprised if yours breaks due to the glass sticking to the seal, since it hasn't been moved in a while.