Panoramic rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a rattle from it appears to be the fixed panel on the panoramic roof , keep in mind I already cleaned and greased the front portion of the moon roof . But looking online it appears u can put some gasket/ felt above the tabs on the rear glass panel , it has 6 of them , but my 2019 tabs appear to be different, my question is snyone with the rattle on a 2019 and above , have u been able to add anything (gasket material ) to this area , or r the 2019 different

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very common in all ford vehicles with this type of moon roof. I've never been in one that didnt eventually rattle. And having owned a ford dealership for many years before recently getting out, I've been in thousands of the vehicles with the panoramic roofs. Not been in one that didnt eventually rattle that I can think of regardless of the model of ford or lincoln.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Have a rattle from it appears to be the fixed panel on the panoramic roof , keep in mind I already cleaned and greased the front portion of the moon roof . But looking online it appears u can put some gasket/ felt above the tabs on the rear glass panel , it has 6 of them , but my 2019 tabs appear to be different, my question is snyone with the rattle on a 2019 and above , have u been able to add anything (gasket material ) to this area , or r the 2019 different

I’m about to implement the padded insulating material workaround once I get the latest “fix” from my stealership

having owned a ford dealership for many years before recently getting out, I've been in thousands of the vehicles with the panoramic roofs. Not been in one that didnt eventually rattle that I can think of regardless of the model of ford or lincoln.

that is disheartening.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I’ve had my 19 adjusted 3 times now. All the dealership says is, it was out of alignment. I asked who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to put a big plate of glass on an off road truck?! I know everyone uses their truck for different purposes, but when they don’t give many options to opt out without a special order. Next time I’m going to attempt the fix myself. I didn’t have a sun roof on my 17, but went against my better judgement and bought this one with. Totally regretting it now. Has anyone found a solution that works better than others? I’ve heard of some using felt, others using insulation and others have used DuPont Krytox grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 19 adjusted 3 times now. All the dealership says is, it was out of alignment. I asked who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to put a big plate of glass on an off road truck?! I know everyone uses their truck for different purposes, but when they don’t give many options to opt out without a special order. Next time I’m going to attempt the fix myself. I didn’t have a sun roof on my 17, but went against my better judgement and bought this one with. Totally regretting it now. Has anyone found a solution that works better than others? I’ve heard of some using felt, others using insulation and others have used DuPont Krytox grease.

I used the DuPont Krytox and it solved my rattle noise. The noise was coming from the rear of it in the area near the 3rd brake light. Was flexing up and down when going over rough pavement.
I applied the grease from the outside in between the rubber and the paint. Went all the way around. Dont need too much and kinda worked it in between using my finger. Then cleaned off any that may have gotten onto the glass or paint.
Had been chasing this rattle noise for months.
Very happy now and completely quiet.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I used the DuPont Krytox and it solved my rattle noise. The noise was coming from the rear of it in the area near the 3rd brake light. Was flexing up and down when going over rough pavement.
I applied the grease from the outside in between the rubber and the paint. Went all the way around. Dont need too much and kinda worked it in between using my finger. Then cleaned off any that may have gotten onto the glass or paint.
Had been chasing this rattle noise for months.
Very happy now and completely quiet.

That’s great to hear!

Did you have to loosen the clips inside the cab first? Or did you leave everything tight and with it in that way?

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s great to hear!

Did you have to loosen the clips inside the cab first? Or did you leave everything tight and with it in that way?

You can loosen the clips and it may help to get the grease further down in between the rubber and the paint.
I did not. But it would have helped.

if you want to loosen them, There are 6 of them. 3 per side.
Maybe loosen the back 4 and leave the front 2 somewhat tighter in order to keep the glass in alignment. Use the front 2 as a pivot but stationary... then the rear of the glass can lift up or push up from the inside slightly to expose more of the rubber seal. Just make note of the exact position of the glass before moving it. Dont want to create a leak.
Again, I did not loosen mine.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have found that if my tracks are rattling, if i raise the roof to vent position, then lower it back down...the rattle goes away.

There is a plastic mechanisim in the that sits between a screw drive and a lever....so it can vent or retract. some times the mechanism sort of get stuck in between the two in neutral if you will. A quick vent puts it back against some resistance and stops the rattle.

My audi panorama roof had the same issue.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have found that if my tracks are rattling, if i raise the roof to vent position, then lower it back down...the rattle goes away.

There is a plastic mechanisim in the that sits between a screw drive and a lever....so it can vent or retract. some times the mechanism sort of get stuck in between the two in neutral if you will. A quick vent puts it back against some resistance and stops the rattle.

My audi panorama roof had the same issue.
What he said. Mine does it frequently when it's cold out. It's like it is moving due to expansion and contraction but can't slide. You can hear it unstick when you vent it and then it's fine for a little while.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk