Panoramic Moonroof Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened to my 2017 and it was stuck in the open position, Luckily my was still under the 3 years warranty and got it fixed from Ford. They end up replacing the whole track assembly because the cheap plastic tab the connect the roof to the track broke ( it would have been a $2800 fix if is not under warranty ). Since then I been using the Krytox lube on the seal and it's working fine. A little of the lube around the rubber seal goes a long way, I've been lubing the seal every 3-4 months about 3 times now and still have about 1/2 tube left. The Krytox lube works excellent because no dirt will stick to it, therefor the seal won't get any

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually open mine every single day and no issues yet, I haven't lubed mine up since last summer and didn't use the expensive Krytox either. I should probably start the opening process every day with the vent function though just to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
To go with all that, my moonroof works fine but I've started to notice what sounds like a rattle or something lose when driving. Is it the shade cover or should I be worried about something else? Sounds worse when it's fully open. And what would be the best course of action to get it fixed. 2018 btw.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
In the future after getting it fixed.....ALWAYS pop it up to vent BEFORE sliding back to open fully & ESPECIALLY important the first time using it that day or after sitting for any length of time & also especially after big swings in temp/humidity or after rain storm

Ford el-cheapo pano roof use 101
Best advice for the rest of ya...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score