Panel gap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I can't even see the issue...seems picky to me.

BUT, it obviously bothers you so take it in. Case closed.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see where the paint now was coming off. Id talk to the dealer. You do have to take into account the law of unintended consequences though. That is plasticm piece and composite fender. No corrision, but with the paint already starting to peel it will probably get worse. See what the dealer says but be prepared to deal with them. I have to prepare myself that anything the dealer does will probably need to go back 2-3 times.

OP
OP
S

Spartylamb

Reaction score
Picky?!? It doesn’t look like much in the pic, but will get worse. I was thinking a simple panel adjustment so it will quit rubbing and I’ll touch it up myself. I already have a paint stick on order. I’ve already had it ceramic coated and don’t want it repainted. When I pick up the paint stick I’ll talk to them to see what they can do. It’s not a big deal and if it’s going to do more harm than good, I’ll leave it. I love this truck and will keep it forever. After I saw it, I can’t I see it.

Reaction score
Normal. On a truck I expect this. That said, lots of S550 Mustang owners have similar complaints where the taillights meet the bumper. I have heard success stories of warranty fixes, but Im not sure I would let someone mess around with these issues.