Panel gap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartylamb

Reaction score
Had anyone else that’s taken delivery of a Raptor R or gen 3 had these panel gap issues? Is this a warranty claim that I should take up with the dealer?0E0A62ED-E76B-47E4-9049-FB331F5DB843.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Spartylamb

Reaction score
You don’t see the panels rubbing together and the paint coming off? I figure an adjustment and paint touch up should be a minimum. I could care less right now, but in 5 or 6 years it’s going to rust.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You don’t see the panels rubbing together and the paint coming off? I figure an adjustment and paint touch up should be a minimum. I could care less right now, but in 5 or 6 years it’s going to rust.

If your R rusts, that will be news to everyone here. Raptors are composite and aluminum.

OP
OP
S

Spartylamb

Reaction score
If your R rusts, that will be news to everyone here. Raptors are composite and aluminum.
I’m sorry “corrodes”…….. when the paint rubs off and the aluminum rubs and vibrates together and is exposed to the elements for the next few years, it will corrode. Anyone have anything useful or helpful to say?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sorry “corrodes”…….. when the paint rubs off and the aluminum rubs and vibrates together and is exposed to the elements for the next few years, it will corrode. Anyone have anything useful or helpful to say?
Bring it up to the dealer, should be warranty. I wouldn't be happy with that. That will cause a paint issue for sure. On my Gen 2 I had a wonky alignment on the hood and the front passenger door. I don't have pictures, but it was VERY poor. My dealer sent it out to their contracted body shop and it came back perfect.

OP
OP
S

Spartylamb

Reaction score
Bring it up to the dealer, should be warranty. I wouldn't be happy with that. That will cause a paint issue for sure. On my Gen 2 I had a wonky alignment on the hood and the front passenger door. I don't have pictures, but it was VERY poor. My dealer sent it out to their contracted body shop and it came back perfect.
Thanks!

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only metal part in that picture is the bumper. Fender is composite, lower trim is plastic, fender flare is plastic. But to answer your question, yes mine is like that too. Never did anything with it as I assume the dealership would mess more thing up than fix. So i let it be.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only metal part in that picture is the bumper. Fender is composite, lower trim is plastic, fender flare is plastic. But to answer your question, yes mine is like that too. Never did anything with it as I assume the dealership would mess more thing up than fix. So i let it be.

I tend to agree here, the dealer will help but isn’t your friend if you catch my drift. Sometimes they do a lot more harm than good. Way back when I had an SRT10 from dodge. It was coded as a plain black vehicle. It came from the factory with a copper metallic in the paint. It was dead wrong. I wanted it right. Their answer was to have some body shop dudes try to fix it. I said no and settled for some money back.