Painting Wheel Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I enjoy color matched, did with my F350. I will on my Gen 2 Leadfoot after I get the fiberworks fenders. They do not have flares and I am not painting one on it. But I also am a "remove stickers" guy. I already know what I am driving and I don't use my vehicles as a status symbol.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean to be fair, not everyone buys a raptor to off-road. Obviously it’s an off road built truck but still my point stands.

Not trying to start a whole argument though on off roading a truck or not and getting the egos going
Agree! I’d say 85% of Raptor owners don’t leave the pavement. Which is fine… some people (like me) buy it because it’s a beautiful truck and just wouldn’t be happy aesthetically with the regular f150.

I plan on paint matching!

To each there own. Guy that don’t take their trucks off road could argue it’s stupid to take an $80k truck off road. It’s all personal preference.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree! I’d say 85% of Raptor owners don’t leave the pavement. Which is fine… some people (like me) buy it because it’s a beautiful truck and just wouldn’t be happy aesthetically with the regular f150.

I plan on paint matching!

To each there own. Guy that don’t take their trucks off road could argue it’s stupid to take an $80k truck off road. It’s all personal preference.
Id say no. That leadfood with black flares adds that contrast to the truck. Keep it that way!!!, in my opinion.

Hindsight, if I could go back, I would trade my antimatter blue for leadfoot.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The contrast is one of the Raptor qualities in my opinion. It's like buying a 2021 Shelby GT500 with the carbon fiber wheel package and putting the 2021 V6 wheels on it. (Dramatic Much?!) HAHAHA

osprey6

Reaction score
To be honest that is the first raptor I have seen with them painted... looks great. I am getting a code orange and might have to do the same ....

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the front I like the look and it looks like a wide body Raptor. From the side it just looks like a F150 sport with the painted fenders and bumpers ! No go for me !

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean to be fair, not everyone buys a raptor to off-road. Obviously it’s an off road built truck but still my point stands.

Not trying to start a whole argument though on off roading a truck or not and getting the egos going
OP, he was just being sarcastic, we all do that here, he beat me to it, ha ha. Anyway, lots of members having been painting the flares, bumpers, and other trim to match since 2010. There have been no issues unless you offroad hard and can get more pinstriping on the flares than you might want. It won't hurt the resale either. Post some pics when you get it done. Love that color btw!