Painting Wheel Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sclyzed

Reaction score
New owner of a 21 code orange raptor.

Looking to do some paint matching.

Does anyone know if you can paint the stock wheel flares? I know they are a textured type of plastic and that causes issues with painting sometimes, from what I've read.

I've seen people who paint matched so wasn't sure if they did it stock or aftermarket flares that are paint ready.

Dang I just realized theirs an exterior section...sorry!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just have them wrapped. the paint won't hold up as well as factory. and those flares can see a lot more wear and tear than other parts of the truck. Plus you can take the wrap off if you don't like it.

Last edited:

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No texture. Just painted from factory.

I color matched 3 out of 4 fenders on my truck. I’m still waiting on ford to deliver the last one.

Troubleman

Reaction score
I think they paint color match these fenders all the time. I know Wild Willies in GA is one of the dealers that does it all the time. They have quite a few videos on YouTube. I contemplated getting it done but I like the contrast looks more bad *** in my opinion.