Painting Brake Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the calipers in place. Took the wheel off, wire brushed, thorough cleaning and then masked everything off. There are some YouTube videos of how to do this with spray paint where you really have to mask the whole wheel well. I chose the paintbrush method (G2 Caliper paint) and it was pretty straightforward; had enough left to do my tow hooks too. Longevity is supposed to be extremely long but can’t speak to exactly how long. Other have had their painted calipers for many years without any issues.

You don't know what a relief it is to hear this. My next question was going to be "If I can't get the calipers back on correctly, do I really need them?". Thanks

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got pics of any colors other than red? thinking about doing the same. I got a 2018 oxford white, with silver eibach's and oem blue shocks.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it looks like they raised the price to $64.99 >> https://www.stage3motorsports.com/G2BCP-G2-Brake-Caliper-Paint-System.html

The painting is the way to go in my opinion. This is a tried and true technique and paint with good results. I can’t personally attest to durability since I just did this just recently but others have very long term results. In addition, it’s pretty inexpensive. $37 for one or I bought 2 for $74 and did front one day and rear the next. See my previous post for technique/tips. There are several good YouTube vids too for reference out there.

By all means, go for the powder coat if you don’t mind removing the calipers and the extra expense. I just think it’s not necessary. If you decide to do the tow hooks, they need to be painted anyway.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score