Painted T-bolts on 37pp wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '21 CO 37pp with the black/silver beadlock capable wheels. I'm considering painting the T-bolts around the rim edge (imagining a method style wheel where the bolts are sometimes white on a black rim). Wondering if anyone has painted these bolts before and if so what is the recommended method. Not sure on color yet, a matching orange could be cool i suppose. Any thoughts?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get a 2nd set of bolts and look into getting them powder coated.

Also, are those bolts universal? Maybe you can find some already in the color you want?

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only issue I see is paint loss when changing tires. It would be hard to cleanly touch up bolts. You may be able to find out the thread pitch and length and get powder coated bolts.

OP
OP
p3rs1st

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good suggestions! I'll start looking into finding the same size bolts. I would imagine ford has them but they might only be part of a wheel kit. I took one out already and it looks pretty standard so I may just have to do some hardware store/internet searching.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good suggestions! I'll start looking into finding the same size bolts. I would imagine ford has them but they might only be part of a wheel kit. I took one out already and it looks pretty standard so I may just have to do some hardware store/internet searching.

Out of curiosity, do they look like these?

OP
OP
p3rs1st

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic. 24x Torx bolts per rim. I didnt measure one when I took it out, but they are probably 1-1.5 inch long each rimbolts.JPG

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Looks like you are not set up as a beadlock. You should be able to remove all of the fasteners and send them out for coating in a color of your choice. That ring is just a trim piece and not providing any grip support.