Painted skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charbert

Reaction score
Can you post a pic or the brand of the rattle can spray you used from home depot. That is almost an exact match, wanting to do this myself. Also, did you prep the bumper in anyway? Or just cleaned it well before hand?

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post a pic or the brand of the rattle can spray you used from home depot. That is almost an exact match, wanting to do this myself. Also, did you prep the bumper in anyway? Or just cleaned it well before hand?
It’s pretty clear that it’s grey on top and black on bottom. It may look like a close match it pictures.

I just LineX’d the whole bumper and skid.
E9F968FD-534A-468F-BF2B-037C75FF1A55.jpeg

Last edited:

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rustoleum Truck Bed - black. It’s in one of my pictures on my driveway (see post #15). The color is very close. The color exactly matches the black pieces of the lower grille. I took off the lower grille, cleaned everything, lightly sanded everything, cleaned it again, including with prep, and sprayed it. I took the skid plate and oil filter cover off to paint them separately from the bumper. Also taped everything off.
799422B4-37A4-4094-95D2-7583B6124971.jpeg

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread gave me a nice Sunday project to tackle. I used Rustoleum black spray bed liner & matte black vinyl on top of the parking sensor centers.
IMG_1239.jpeg