Painted skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take delivery on Monday and one of the first things I intend on doing is painting my skid plate black.

Anything tricky about removing and reinstalling the factory skid plate, or just straight forward bolts?

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty straight forward, the two longer back bolts have a spacer that goes above the skid plate (held on with the bolts you are removing) so that may be the only semi tough part, lining that back up when re-installing.

I just plastidipped mine along with the front bumper piece, looks way better imo.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, it's true gray OEM skid plate don't match very well ! Wait for pictures !
otherwise, no difficulties to remove skid plate....

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed my ‘17 skid plate with a rattle can bedliner from Home Depot. Unfortunately, no pics of it. I will be doing the same with my ‘23 soon.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking to see what the cost is for the same piece on the raptor R because that one comes standard in black. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the part number. The search continues!

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking to see what the cost is for the same piece on the raptor R because that one comes standard in black. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the part number. The search continues!
The Raptor R skid plate is the same color (silver). Its the bumper that is all black vs the line of silver through it on non R

2023-F-150-Raptor-R_exterior_-Antimatter-Blue_-07-scaled.jpg

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had mine painted to match when I did some touch up work. Skid plate isn’t hard at all to take off.65897439110__3F65FF52-BD5A-4F70-90A6-18DEC541BCB5.jpeg