Painted Fenders and Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m with you. I like the contrast and that it defines it as a Raptor. Just a preference but I like the difference between my truck and other F150’s out there. But by all means, dress it up however you want. I put B pillar appliqués on with claw marks...haha. I like em but I’d be guessing the majority wouldn’t.

What's wrong with you people???

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my personal taste but, I side with @Donovan and @Troutrad - not necessarily for the same reasons but, for me: I prefer that little bit of contrast to the paint because with it matched (while it DOES look good) it kind of just mutes the whole truck for me. It really depends on the color, I think. Velocity Blue for instance - can't even picture it without the Magnetic flares. It's a very fine line though... ex. while it does provide contrast - I can't stand the factory graphics. Like I like the way @Hector Leal came out (probably because of the Leadfoot color and matte finish) but @Biggwrm - I like the look straight on from the front end but, the profile kills it for me. Both look good, don't get me wrong. It's just a personal preference thing. To each their own. It only matters if you like it.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with you people???

To each their own Crazy dude! I find it kinda funny when I see a standard F150 with a Raptor grill but I guess a nice homage to our trucks. Kinda the same thing painting the flares makes its look more like a run of the mill F150 to me. But more power to ya if ya wanna go matchy matchy. It doesn’t look bad at all; just not my preference particularly for the price. I’ve got red matching accents (calipers, tow hooks, and some other bling) which a bunch of you would find ridiculous but I like. Whatever blows your skirt up!

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To each their own Crazy dude! I find it kinda funny when I see a standard F150 with a Raptor grill but I guess a nice homage to our trucks. Kinda the same thing painting the flares makes its look more like a run of the mill F150 to me. But more power to ya if ya wanna go matchy matchy. I doesn’t look bad at all; just not my preference particularly for the price. I’ve got red matching accents (calipers, tow hooks, and some other bling) which a bunch of you would find ridiculous but I like. Whatever blows your skirt up!

Was just giving you grief because I put a deposit down on this pending a PPI.

unnamed-1.jpg unnamed.jpg

MikeE

Reaction score
So glad I came about this thread! Been wondering what mine would look like with the bumpers and fender flares painted, and after seeing Biggwrm's, I'm definitely doing it to my rapid red!!

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt go for the bumpers as ill be replacing mine but here are the fenders i had the dealership paint on my 2018 Leadfoot Raptor.

IMG_0760.JPG IMG_0792.jpg IMG_0793.jpg IMG_0794.jpg IMG_0796.jpg

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's neat on some, especially the red, but I like the contrast on my Oxford white. Depends on the car/truck sometimes. I had all black E36 M3s because I didn't like the look of the black body molding on other colors, opposite on the ol' IROC-Z where the black fake hood vents and t-tops added to the appeal.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was driving around yesterday and caught site of a black raptor with CF side vents and wheel moldings. I didn't think I'd care for that look very much, but seeing it in person, very much impressed. Was odd as I could sense something was different about the truck and gave it something a little more, but took me a while to figure out what it was. Now I gotta see how much something like that would run.