Painted calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you use for paint and how long dose it last.

I've asked a few I'd like to hear from the off-roaders is it worth it or would they just look bad in a few years?

I'd like to see pictures and miles you have on them.

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have painted my mustang and raptor with the high temp spraypaint you find in any hardware store (I had red and Yellow). Works great. Have had for years with no issue. Just make sure to clean calipers from any dirt/ oil first.

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the red caliper paint kit from duplicolor. They make a blue as well. comes with a small can of brush on high-temp paint and a can of cleaner. I would suggest a small sponge brush vs the bristle brush that comes with the kit though. Has lasted pretty well through the WI winters. have to recoat probly every two years...

Reaction score
Powdercoat is the way to go for strength and wear, but I have used G2 brush on Caliper paint and had great luck! it looks like it is wet instead of sprayed.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used duplicolor yellow on my 2010 camaro (purchased sept 09 and painted calipers shortly after). Traded it in for the raptor in Jan 2013 and looked flawless. Did remov calipers to paint them properly.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the red plastikote caliper spray paint. Removed them from vehicle, cleaned them up really good and painted them. That was almost two years ago and still look pretty good even with the Michigan salt.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used duplicolor red caliper paint kit on my last truck and it lasted. Had to touch up a bit after 2 years. Also did my father's caddy CTS that had a V body kit on it so I painted the calipers and it help up great to his daily driving.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I do drive the Raptor "like a truck", I can't see spending the extra money for powder coat or G2. I plan to use Duplicolor ceramic caliper paint. If it last 2-3 years, great! If not, I will just touch it up.

I plan to paint mine black and I picked up some OD military green "SVT" high temp decals for them. It should look good with my subdued American flag decals behind the side vent "SVT"s.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of this mod with stock or aftermarket wheels? Curious to see how noticeable it would be.