Paint quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day while wiping bugs off the front of the truck, I noticed under the side/top part of the headlight area, the paint quality looked like a robot was in a hurry to get out on a Friday. Its the same on both sides. Would this be something most of you live with, since its not easily seen, or would you bring it up with the dealer?

Attachments

• IMG_6263.jpg
    IMG_6263.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_6264.jpg
    IMG_6264.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 176

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some paint issues on my new truck too. Nothing major, but typical mass production sloppiness I guess. Truck is going in for ceramic next week and my guy said he can correct all the issues on mine prior to the coating. Maybe take it to a good detailer and see if they can correct it for you.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I would take it back and see if it can be corrected. I pick mine up next week and I would certainly make them do it for sure if its on mine. Thanks for the post too. I have an OW and I'll specifically look in that area.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I’d advise not taking it back to the dealer. Do you really want them pulling panels off and respraying them? NOPE. I have them on my truck too. Doesn’t bother me. End of the day it’s a truck and will get it’s fair share of paint flaws.