Paint imperfections ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, doesn’t bother me much. But a few areas of my truck appear “dinged” in certain areas. However , I think it’s either imperfections in the metal or the paint.

I’ve noticed under ALL 4 door handles, on either side of the handle, it appears like there’s dings. Only from a certain angle however ...

I’ve found the same in both sides of my hood. I’ve highlighted the area I see it, but the pictures don’t capture it

Has anyone else noticed these ? I’m guessing it must be common since it’s consistent ....

F483B3C2-DD69-412A-92DE-55AF2E17B914.jpeg

9708ADC2-33B3-43E8-8F1D-04867F76748F.jpeg

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you expect Ford to produce Bentley-like quality, well...

When I got my truck, I had rubber bands under the hood, some weather stripping wasn't in place, headliner needed to be aligned, windshield leaked.... Domestic car manufacturing has long ways to go in quality control.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, all true. Just wondering if the issue was only with mine

I had rubber bands under the hood too...they were visible from the wheel well area

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took me a while to realize that I had an oil leak from either tranny or transfer case because I figured it was burning rubber bands making that smell. Instead it was oil dripping on the exhaust. New seals on order.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 20 purchased a couple of months ago had a long scratch in the tailgate. Most likely done after it left the manufacturer. Dealer took pics and sent them to Ford and they approved to fix.

I'm holding off getting it repaired until I scratch the tailgate up some more.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing I’ve owned Ford before, I knew what I was getting into. Developed a driver’s side glass rattle this morning. 1200 miles lmao