Paint imperfection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sajprice86

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Ive had the truck since January and now that I've seen it, I cant un see. Was thinking id go after Ford but im sure it will be a huge headache and I would rather not have anything re-painted. Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.42.11 AM.png

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a chip on mine and ford re painted it. The only thing is it took them 3 times to make the color match. Mine was a lead foot color.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is have the dealer re paint the panel. Given the color and location I wouldn’t risk it/ trust them to get it done right.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks that way to me as well. Due to its location…I would install the decal that’s an option on the 35 package…at least the FP/GN3/Flag portion. If you decide to go this route…Rappy Graphics could probably help. Good luck!

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like textbook burn thru on the clear done by a high school dropout making $9/hr in a dealership recon department. Sorry it happened but there is little that can fix it beyond a repaint.

Antonio

Reaction score
Yes I experienced this same issue with 2 of those same blemishes on the opposite fender. I got my Ruby Red Raptor new in 2019 and when I took it to a shop to have a Ceramic Coating put on they discovered the blemishes and advised me to get those resolved before the Ceramic. I tried to get it resolved through Ford and was having to jump through a bunch of hoops so I got pissed off and went directly to the CEO of the dealership and that day he send it to their body shop and had it repainted. I was pleased how the dealership treated me and the repaint came out very well. Yes, going through Ford is a headache so hopefully your dealership will step up and do it right. I know how you feel, buy a brand new truck of your dreams and it has blemishes.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks like textbook burn thru on the clear done by a high school dropout making $9/hr in a dealership recon department. Sorry it happened but there is little that can fix it beyond a repaint.
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Steve Allen never finished school. They seem successful, I bet you own their products.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd make them repaint it unless your good with a graphic to cover it. If it's just the clearcoat that's a relatively easy fix.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Steve Allen never finished school. They seem successful, I bet you own their products.
Definitely the exception and not the rule. For them, there are countless others that didnt make it. Coming from someone that had a 6th grade education then went to school later in life... The education is the most sure fire way to make some dough. I worked for 15 years in one industry and started making more at my first job out of college. Juss sayin. But as always.... To each their own. Just my two cents.