Paint correction, ppf, tint, and ceramic coating complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More pics to come of the workmanship and my thoughts. Early impressions are solid. It really brought out the gloss in the truck and while I never thought in person that my truck *didn't* look orange, I feel as if you can really, really see the orange now in person like it just pops.

I PPF'd the front bumper, full hood, full fenders and flares, mirrors, B pillars, headlights and fog lights, all door edges and rocker panel. He used Xpel.

For ceramic it was Feynlabs 7yr self healing - same on my other cars and have been ultra impressed. I thought about doing matte for the flares but changed my mind last second as I thought the transition from matter to sparkle could look off in person.

Tint is 3M 30%. In hindsight I may have went 20% on the fronts, it's possible this will get ripped off and updated in the future.

277353588_5004853006267509_8656935746663452022_n.jpg

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Did they PPF right over the hood decals? I am wanting to get my 37 truck done, but not sure the best way to get around that.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Did they PPF right over the hood decals? I am wanting to get my 37 truck done, but not sure the best way to get around that.
Yes normally they PPF right over it. Now if you have the truck wrapped, typically decals come off, and depending on the shop they can recreate them or order them, and reapply

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy gave me two options. At the moment xpel does not have a kit that separates the decals, but the hood graphics are very very thin. He said he'd make his own custom cut if I wanted otherwise he'd go over it. I told him to just go over it to fully protect everything (including the decal). I can likely get a pic of it in the morning to show you what it looks like.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy gave me two options. At the moment xpel does not have a kit that separates the decals, but the hood graphics are very very thin. He said he'd make his own custom cut if I wanted otherwise he'd go over it. I told him to just go over it to fully protect everything (including the decal). I can likely get a pic of it in the morning to show you what it looks like.
Awesome, please take a pic of the hood. That is likely what I will do.

DrJayC

Reaction score
More pics to come of the workmanship and my thoughts. Early impressions are solid. It really brought out the gloss in the truck and while I never thought in person that my truck *didn't* look orange, I feel as if you can really, really see the orange now in person like it just pops.

I PPF'd the front bumper, full hood, full fenders and flares, mirrors, B pillars, headlights and fog lights, all door edges and rocker panel. He used Xpel.

For ceramic it was Feynlabs 7yr self healing - same on my other cars and have been ultra impressed. I thought about doing matte for the flares but changed my mind last second as I thought the transition from matter to sparkle could look off in person.

Tint is 3M 30%. In hindsight I may have went 20% on the fronts, it's possible this will get ripped off and updated in the future.

View attachment 347685
This looks amazing!

rickeyt

Reaction score
What was your cost for the ppf? Then what was the cost for the ceramic coating and do you think the ceramics are worth it? I’ve gotten some quotes but can’t justify the cost that I’ve seen….

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was your cost for the ppf? Then what was the cost for the ceramic coating and do you think the ceramics are worth it? I’ve gotten some quotes but can’t justify the cost that I’ve seen….

I wish I got it done earlier.. I already have a rock chip on the hood and a rock chip on the steel bumper. Clear coat from Ford is garbage. They did paint correction and since it was new and Fords paint sans clear coat is actually pretty good he said he didn't need to do anything except polish it up. He also took care of a rash I got on the fender and it buffed right out for him.

All in my ceramic cost around $900 for 7yr self healing feynlab and the ppf was $2000.

This guy is a one man shop though so far less overhead but people drive from states away to get in with him.. he's got a 2 month wait list usually which is why I couldn't get the raptor in until 2 weeks after I got it, I could have avoided some of these chips.

There is another place that's about 5 min from me that's known for doing most of our local NBA, and football player cars.. I get my windows tinted from them but in comparison they use I think ceramicpro and for my truck just the ceramic cost alone would be damn near $5000 and ppf add another $4k onto that. He's got the overhead with a big ass store front and a hundred employees to feed though. It is what it is. I don't necessarily think cheap means bad.. I think you need to simply do research on what brands of product the shop is using and their attention to detail based on Google reviews. Just my 2 cents.