Paint correction, ppf, tint, and ceramic coating complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Self healing ceramic coating? I don’t believe their claims. Something as hard as glass can magically repair scratches. I call BS

rickeyt

Reaction score
That's allot cheaper then I expected you to say. I have gotten 2 quotes in Houston for PPF. One was for Xpel full wrap minus the roof and it was 5,800 then another from a different shop that uses a brand PPF that they claim is better for 7,500.... Then with Ceramics I've got two quotes from 900-1,900+ Based on these cost I was considering just running it till the truck needed to be repainted as the cost is about the same.... I expected to pay around 2,000-3,000 for ppf but haven't found a shop that was that cheap. Then I also dont want a dirt cheap shop to install a crappy PPF. I started calling shops that install Xpel first as that's what Larry with Ammo NYC uses so I figured that should weed out some of the bad shops or installers... Apparently I need to find the guys who aren't wrapping Ferrari's and maybe the cost will come down... ;>

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about the ceramic coating is self-healing? The PPF is, but I've never heard that ceramic coating doing that. Also, did you have any issues with the PPF on the fenders? The paint started to "stretch" when the PPF was applied to mine. Ford is going to warranty the fenders, just need them to arrive.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks fantastic. are you saying the ceramic coating made the orange color pop more?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure about the ceramic coating is self-healing? The PPF is, but I've never heard that ceramic coating doing that. Also, did you have any issues with the PPF on the fenders? The paint started to "stretch" when the PPF was applied to mine. Ford is going to warranty the fenders, just need them to arrive.
The web site calls it a self healing ceramic. When companies use exaggerated claims, they are covering up other issues. I don’t buy it.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I sure? No. But it's called feynlab heal plus.. feel free to look it up. I've used it on all my cars and vehicles.. this is my first raptor my guy has done but he's worked on 5 - 6 of my other cars. Always does fantastic work, and he's a no BS super rural guy in the middle of no where and people bring their exotics, old toys, and Dodge grand caravans to him trailered. Even if it doesn't do what the product claims, for the price I paid I don't get concerned. He gives me a discount being a multiple repeat customer.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After tracking my cars, I am a big fan of PFF. Not the entire car wrap but the paint which gets that frontal assault. I never have been big on ceramic guy