GEN 2 Paint correction/Ceramic coating in NoVa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes H

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations in the Northern Virginia/DC area for a full body paint correction and ceramic coating?

I got a quote a few months ago for like $3000+ from one place but wanted to check if you all had any recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric16l

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations in the Northern Virginia/DC area for a full body paint correction and ceramic coating?

I got a quote a few months ago for like $3000+ from one place but wanted to check if you all had any recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much paint correction do you think you need done? I have a 2020 and would like to get ceramic coated. If you call them, do you mind sharing the quote they give you?

OP
OP
Wes H

Wes H

Reaction score
How much paint correction do you think you need done? I have a 2020 and would like to get ceramic coated. If you call them, do you mind sharing the quote they give you?
I would say a moderate amount . . . nothing crazy, like it is in decent shape, but could definitely use a touch up in some areas.

I will absolutely share what I find out.

OP
OP
Wes H

Wes H

Reaction score
Update . . . I got a response from APS in Fairfax and they quoted me for $1699.95. I told them I'd need a moderate amount of paint correction, as well as the ceramic coating.

This is their full response:

Ceramic Coating:
In order to achieve a stunning Ceramic Coating application, several steps must all be undertaken with great care. The painted surfaces of your vehicle must be properly prepared to receive the coating. The coating itself must be of the highest quality, both in terms of appearance and durability. The application of the coating must be performed by a true professional who will render the highest quality outcome. Finally, the room in which the coating is applied must be clean and very well lighted. To this end - ceramic coatings at APS in Fairfax Virginia are performed to the highest standards by the most highly skilled detailer in the area in a cleanroom using a premier product IGL's Kenzo (the only ceramic coating with a 10H rating).
The first step is to thoroughly chemically clean the vehicle, remove all the tar, road grime, bugs. Then we use a clay bar and remove any embedded impurities in the clear coat of your paint. Next is a single-stage paint correction - remove any micro-scratches, swirl marks, or spider webbing and begin to restore the shine in your car or truck's paint finish. Then we'll apply the ceramic coating, Kenzo, by IGL. Full cures to 10H hardness. Super Hydrophobic properties and improved formulation to increase the resistance of water spotting on Kenzo coated vehicles warranted gloss retention for 5 years. 100% silica content, 0% solvent creating a thick film build. First coating to provide a texture similar to soft luxurious silk.
Top it off with dressing on your trim, and wheels, and crystal clear glass. The price for this service is $1699.95. -

Reaction score
Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling has really good reviews. They advertise paint correction and offer different levels of ceramic coating, including Kenzo. Prices seem to be pretty good on their website

OP
OP
Wes H

Wes H

Reaction score
Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling has really good reviews. They advertise paint correction and offer different levels of ceramic coating, including Kenzo. Prices seem to be pretty good on their website

I just heard back from them as well . . .

CERAMIC COATINGS
IGL COATINGS

QUARTZ 2 Layer (2 Year Warranty) $850
QUARTZ+ 2 Layer (3 Yer Warranty) $1150
KENZO 2 Layer (5 Year Warranty) $1600

OPTI-COAT PRO COATINGS
OPTI-COAT PRO 1 Layer Coating (5 Year Warranty) $1300
OPTI-COAT PRO+ 2 Layer Coating (7 Year Warranty) $1700

PREP SERVICES (Included in price)
+ Foam Cannon Hand wash (non-marring technique)
+ Chemical and/or mechanical process (claying) to remove embedded contaminants in the paint
+ Ferrex wash to remove iron, tar, silicones.
+ Light Polish
+ Optimum Paint Prep wipe down
+ Door and trunk jambs cleaned
+ Full wheel detail
+ Interior vacuum and wipe-down
+ Complimentary Inspection Hand Wash (15 days after application)

PAINT CORRECTION SOLUTIONS
Light Paint Correction $695
Defect removal up to 65%

Single-Stage Paint Correction $895
Defect removal up to 85%

Multi-Stage Paint Correction $1200
Defect removal up to 95%

We hope to hear back from you soon.