Pain in the Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has stenosis and arthritis in her back. Constant pain. She loves the Raptor seats...especially with the heat on. Proper lumbar adjustment is crucial amongst other adjustments she has tuned. I don't think that the Recaro seats bring much to the comfort equation if anything. Both seats are objectively among the most comfortable seats every placed in a truck. If back pain is an issue in the Raptor either you aren't properly adjusting the seats or your particular issue is severe enough to be extremely unique and I feel bad for you. Watching my wife over the years and many surgeries later providing only moderate relief my heart goes out to anyone suffering persistent back pain

OP
OP
G

ggardner10

Reaction score
Who knows, I guess it depends on the individual. My girlfriend thinks they're great as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Princess of Pea

tahoedriver

Reaction score
At first I didn't like my recaro's but after 10k miles they feel great. One thing I would really like is to be able to turn off the butt part of the heater and just have the back heater on to relax my back. My old Chevy had two switches for that. Does anyone know how I can change my raptor? Do I have to cut wires and install switches? Forscan?

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reverse hyper machine and a good coach to show you how to do it.

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2019 black leather and also find them to be Some of the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I have sat in. Even more so than the GX460 that is beside it in the garage.

Coldsteele35

Reaction score
This can’t be serious these seats are pretty much like a lazy boy for a car never experienced anything like them before. If you think these are uncomfortable please tell us what you had before.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest trying one of these Ford Racing seat stabilizers. I've never used them myself, but have heard good feedback from others that use them and say they find it adds both stability and relaxation while driving hard down those old dirt roads. The chrome is very durable.

Gay, *********.jpg

By the way, this isn't a picture of you, is it??

bigbaby.jpg

:banana-mario:

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, so much for pulling punches. Kinda funny we make it sound like he is wrong and shouldn't be feeling pain. The Recaros work fantastic for me, also. If you don't have them maybe find some from a wreck or go to the dealer and look at regular F150 models to see if any of theirs are better, then find a wreck. Good luck, that's a lot of beautiful badass truck to be uncomfortable in.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, so much for pulling punches. Kinda funny we make it sound like he is wrong and shouldn't be feeling pain. The Recaros work fantastic for me, also. If you don't have them maybe find some from a wreck or go to the dealer and look at regular F150 models to see if any of theirs are better, then find a wreck. Good luck, that's a lot of beautiful badass truck to be uncomfortable in.

Just busting the OP's balls. :chewie: He said he encouraged a few!

Serious answer, everyone is different, between different weights, sizes, and varying medical issues of people you just have to experiment a little sometimes. See what works for you.

OP
OP
G

ggardner10

Reaction score
I knew it was risky post and enjoy the comments. This has been so helpful that I am fully recovered and the seats are amazing, not.