Pain in the Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggardner10

Reaction score
Am I the only Wussy or does anybody else have issues adjusting drivers seat to keep from seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis for back pain. I have never had issues with any other truck or car for that matter but what a bummer. Have a new 2019 Raptor with 802a package and the price was painful enough. I'd probably be in the hospital if I had the nuts to go off road. Any advise. Please keep smart as@ comments to a limit but I encourage a few.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do you have a spinal condition, injury or an abnormal ‘shape’ ?

I’ve had some pretty uncomfortable seats in vehicles. ’91 Exploder comes to mind.

are you too young to remember ‘bench’ seats? :)

an upholsterer should be able to assist you though.

With the seats that is, not with being a wuss. :p

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have any back pain but these seats do SUCK! Especially with the price of the truck! I did like the seats better in my gen1. My girlfriend HATES them, she said that these are the only seats that have ever caused her back pain. She is a fairly fit person and not even close to fat.

OP
OP
G

ggardner10

Reaction score
I have had some lower back issues from time to time but no back injury. I can go from my Jeep Wrangler and be perfectly fine and then to the Raptor and I'm hurting. I bought this seat cushion wedge thing that elevates your butt and it seems to work. Just hate the idea of having to use that in a brand new vehicle. Is what it is and I love the Raptor so I'll just deal with it

OP
OP
G

ggardner10

Reaction score
Speaking of an upholster my backseat upholstery was very loose from the factory and they're having an upholstery fix that now. I'll find out the guy's name and probably have him modify the seat

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Am I the only Wussy or does anybody else have issues adjusting drivers seat to keep from seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis for back pain. I have never had issues with any other truck or car for that matter but what a bummer. Have a new 2019 Raptor with 802a package and the price was painful enough. I'd probably be in the hospital if I had the nuts to go off road. Any advise. Please keep smart as@ comments to a limit but I encourage a few.
Do you have the Racaros? I have the black leather seats and they are the most comfortable seats I have had, my wife says the same thing, better than her escalade.
Turn on the seat heaters, that may help some.
In the meantime, you should change your username to The Princess and the Pea. ;^)

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife needs full lumbar. I don't need any. If I drive the vehicle after she's been in it I get an intense back pain. Same thing happens in our Volvos...which do have THE most comfortable seats.

Best of luck getting this figured out.

hawksfan

Reaction score
I have had a lot of back issues in the last 5 years. I find the seats (recaro) to be the most comfortable I have had. I had the expensive sport seats in my BMW 750 and didn't like them as much as these. I think it has as much to do with the more upright seating position as the actual seats though. I always drive with the seat heat on, I find it helps relax my back.