GEN 1 P0446 - prefer to go to local shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
Looking for a Raptor Friendly shop in the Denver, CO area. Would rather go to a local shop and support their business rather than go to a Stealer-ship. Got code P0446. All hoses, wiring, filler “cap” look to be in good order from what I can see. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For ***** and giggles, you could pick up a new Canister purge valve and replace that first. See if that fixes the problem, it’s a super easy job to do. But, good luck, there are quite a few raptor owners in your area on the forum, that should be able to direct you to a good shop.

OP
OP
MasterKeebs

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
Thanks Corona. Just checked the purge valve by unplugging the hose and electrical connections. No noticible vacuum with the engine at idle. Thinking it may be a corroded wire somewhere in the loom, but Yoda only knows where.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Corona. Just checked the purge valve by unplugging the hose and electrical connections. No noticible vacuum with the engine at idle. Thinking it may be a corroded wire somewhere in the loom, but Yoda only knows where.
As best as I can recall, the purge valve fails when the truck isn't running, it allows fumes to enter the engine when it shouldn't, this is one of the causes for that code, but hell, I could be wrong, not the first time. ANYBODY???

OP
OP
MasterKeebs

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
That’s one of the causes I’ve read about. No fumes or gas smell (other than my own) that I have noticed. It also seems to come on more often or quicker when running the AC. No idea if it’s related or just coincidence though.