P0446 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I think it should be, but no, because it is relocated slightly. Labor for smoke test and replacement was $360 for labor.
I went in for lean conditions without codes so I had to pay for the diagnostics basically. There not going to do it for free.
Spending three hours on a EVAP valve is not going to work with Ford's warranty insurance policy at Ford's head quarters.
But I had other work done and my dealer takes care of me in other ways.
Can't publicly talk about it.

If yours just failed and they see the codes it's simple fix, so it might be, talk to your service advisor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine runs seem normally. I have autometer A/F gauge, no warning.

I cleared the code again, will talk to my dealership see what they say. I believe they already voided the warranty on my engine becuase of the SVC tune I had, that was before the supercharger installed, LOL...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFR is not the best to rely on only, is very general.

Your fuel TRIMS could be way off and the AFR will only change a little.

But if yours is not leaking than your ok in that respect, a short is a short.
It's really easy to change out yourself, If the code comes back again.
I believe it will take three drive cycles to pop a permanent code.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys! Next time the light back on I will bring it to an independent shop have them do the test. No luck talking to dealership, they are not going to warranty anything.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know the year for your truck, but I'm guessing it's all the same for 2010 1/2 through 2014.
I would call your Ford parts department.
I'd hate to have you order something wrong on my account.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purge valve part# is CX-2409 for 2014.

The light backs on after almost a month, still code P0446. Earliest appointment I can get from the dealer is one week later... so I just replaced the valve myself, cleared the code, let's see how it goes. Ticking noise on the driver side seems reduced quite a bit after the new valve though.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't went very well, the light came back on after only 10 mintues drive, much shorter than before the valve swap, lol...

Looks like a dealer visit is must ...