P0024 and P0014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Hey y’all, I recently bought a 6.2 Raptor which had a P0024 code when I bought it. It was a pretty constant code and only went away a handful of times. Did my first oil change on it after 3 weeks and also did the procedure to manually actuate the solenoid and the code went away for about a week. Today after idling in traffic for a while it came back and also brought with it P0014, but the P0014 wasn’t confirmed like the P0024 was. I was thinking it was just old oil making the bank 2 solenoid stick, but now both errors came up so unless it’s possible that both solenoids are clogged or bad, I’m not really sure. The truck also has had 3 or 4 instances where it idled really rough, and the VCT advance on my FORScan app showed them jumping around, but adding throttle response took away the rough idle. I’m not really sure what to do here since I’m just a backyard mechanic. Any ideas?