Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 screwy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over the weekend on Saturday took a trip to Phoenix very hot day. Truck ran good no issues got back in afternoon live about 50 miles away. Evening took off to get dinner started noticing a miss at 40 mph in 6th gear , watching AFR on the X4 , Bank 1 jumping from 18 down to 12 then read 0.0 then all over the place, Bank 2 normal 14 range. Get to stoplight idle not steady RPM fluctuating little bit can feel it miss. then it will settle down for 20 seconds then AFR start jumping again. Give it 3/4 throttle driving both AFR steady 13 to 12 AFR no miss under load. drive steady speed again Bank 1 All over the place , No CEL yet. Parked it . After work Sunday evening truck sat 24 hours , I start it up Cold hi idle fine no miss ,Idles down after 1 min Sensors both reading 14's AFR . Letting it idle a few more min Bank 1 starts jumping slight miss come back. No CEL yet . Is this a symptom of a Lazy 02 ? Not sure if its reading a problem or causing the problem. If it was a coil or plug it would miss under load i would think , Mass Air would affect both sides , vacuum leak i think it would have high idle , These Sensors have about 10,000 miles on them Denso . Ran this brand before never had issues. I have New ones ordered. I will install them and go from there . Thought about pulling one from Tremor to test but it to dam hot out , hate working on cars in the summer.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured it out looks like the ECM tans harness dropped on to the header pipe, was barely touching. It had burned through foil and melted 1 wire exposed little bit of copper. Gray wire i believe is the positive + to Bank 1 O2 sensor heater. My headers are ceramic coated wire was barely shorting to ground. Good thing i caught it right away , some of the other threads about same issue had severely melted harnesses. Since it only one wire i was able to wrap wire and seal harness. I installed the new O2's anyways till i can test old ones but i think they are still good. In winter i will pull harness and get a good look at it. After sealing harness I ziptied up and away from pipe started truck with new O2's and idled fine for 10 min and took for a drive. AFR right where they are supposed to be.