Overtemp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munsterf15

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Raptor. In 75 degree weather today, the engine temp runs between 215 and 225 and sometimes touches 230, no matter what speeds I’m running. Normal? At what temp should I be concerned?

I bought this truck used and it now has 100,000 miles.

CDA46342-EB68-4732-B3C9-3A56BD534E50.png

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not normal, first thing to check is coolant level (do not open cap when hot), if there’s a leak start there, next is the electric cooling fan working? Next step would be to analyze thermostat operation

OP
OP
M

munsterf15

Reaction score
I ask about the normal temp range because I had the cam phase recall done awhile back and shortly after started getting overtemp warnings. I took it back and an o ring was replaced and the dealer said they did extensive tests, flushed the system, etc and that it’s all normal now. What temp range do the rest of you see with your gen 2 raptors?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most likely a failed thermostat. Wouldn’t be the first to have one stick after having the cooling system opened up.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '19 usually runs anywhere from 210 to 225. Sometimes up to 230 momentarily when decelerating and then returns to normal range. It was bought new and has always done this. There is another post on this Forum that has conversations about running temps and variations. Can't remember the title of the Post. I live in Florida with outside temps in the middle 80's to upper 90's throughout the summer.