Overlanding and Offroading Across the Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kesler Design Works
Reaction score
Any updates to this overland build, pretty eager to start modifying my raptor for some overland trips.

Of course! Been busy with work picking back up and purchasing a house. Just renting for the time being and man do I miss having a proper garage and workspace. Solved that problem with the new placing have a two large 1000+ sqft garages!
Regardless I packed up the dogs and the girl to get away and hit Linville Falls, NC. Falls were roaring with the amount of rain we have gotten. Great scenic drive both on and off-road. Off-road was mostly gravel with washouts here and there. Nothing that challenging. Click on the 360 image for a view of our secluded camp site (hopefully it works on this Forum).

uHOVRf0.jpg
aTOLRvg.jpg
WhGk0J6.jpg
HxQdHV6.jpg

KXIvFw0.jpg

I'm really excited for our next trip as I just received my sticker/pass to camp on the beaches of the Outer Banks!

9YXQeXy.jpg

Now that the truck is "broken in" with 10k miles and I've had a chance to assess it's abilities, it's real modding time! First I had to correct the front ride height. Went with Eibachs, had the new legs powder coated, installed, and aligned. Might try to snag some Upper Control Arms to get the camber where I want. Also it's quite evident that the rear springs are very soft. Truck is very jittery without any load, rides just okay with gear, but squats way to much for not much weight. Not sure if I'll go Deavers or Icon. Also on the short list is wheels and tires. The KO2 were great in the open desert but have a bit to be desired in Carolina mud. Looking at either the Toyo RT or Nitto Ridge Grappler as they seem to be a nice hybrid between M/T and A/T ties. Open to hearing from someone with actual experience and not bro dozers on 22's with stretched M/Ts. To each his own, but not for me.

EVSX4p7.jpg
kFqvLfk.jpg

Lastly, more power!!! Looking at a tune, intercooler, and down pipes. Not sure if I'll touch the back half of the exhaust. Cobb looks like they make a nice one-stop shop for the tune and intercooler setup. Stainless Works seems to make nice down pipes. I have no experience with either of their products, so again open to suggestions. Sorry for the long winded update everyone.

ZgXrszG.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
SWEET! watch for the turtles around cape lookout.