Overland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smilodon

Reaction score
P.S. the Yakima Rack is off-road rated......and we have tested it. Rock crawling, trails, sand dunes, no problem! The Jeeps kept asking how we're doing? Just fine! However, the old girl does have some Desert pinstripes! Tonya('13 Raptor) ain't no mall crawler!

Last edited:

Raptorlander

Reaction score
Not sure if you ended up build your rig but as others have mentioned, take a ground tent, do some wheeling and then see what all you're missing/needing for the trip. I have a CBI Cab height bed rack, and a GFC Superlite RTT. I based the bed rack on the RTT. I posted in another thread some mods to make it work, some cons. All in all, it's what I wanted and love it. As for tables, I cook on my tailgate or 2 totes stacked. I go backpacking so a lot of my gear I can use at base camp. I've done Alpine loop, Imogine, Ophir and last dollar road in CO. And all the trails in Big Bend Nation Park I can find. Tested it all out at Hidden Falls Adventure Park first though after some intense surgery on the trucks suspension and it's all held up.

The overland scene is cool but can be pricey so just buy the standards, and once you get annoyed with certain things upgrade.image0 (1).jpeg