Overland set up questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
so far not too much, although I am adding the weather stripping around the tailgate which should get the blowback water when driving. I did play with adjustment of the side rails and it seems to seal up pretty well

Yes I love that type of setup and it seems that if the proper weather stripping was used and installed carefully, it would eliminate any and all water intrusion because I don't want anything in my bed getting wet.

That’s why I currently run the Elite Undercover Tonneau cover because I get zero water intrusion but I plan on eventually setting my truck up for overlanding and if I decide not to pull a trailer then I'll have to go with a similar setup.

It just seems in this day and age that the manufacturers could do a better design when it comes to stopping all water intrusion.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Retrax XR which allows for "T" slot carriers (Thule, Yakima, etc). I have some Yakima cross beams on it, but you can also do the high rise mounts as well. So far pretty happy with it, I do like that it rolls into itself allowing me to still put large things in there and save most of the bed.View attachment 163676 View attachment 163677

Do you have part numbers for your cross rail setup?

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
I really like that set up, @GhostRHR. Just got the Retrax cover and installed the other day. Which model of the Front Runner rack did you go with? And would you happen to know what the weight capacity is? I've been looking online, but have had no such luck finding an answer.