Overheating with Full Race Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pup

Reaction score
My take is that if those light bars are what put him over the edge, removing them might help. But given that they aren't that big, he's probably still going to be near the edge when towing in hot weather, which isn't something I'd want to do. But I'd be willing to bet that everyone who's installed this IC is in the same boat, just that they haven't yet been in a situation that pushed them over. If you're after big power and don't mind throwing money at the problem to get it, then that's cool. But for those who just want to install a winch, I can't imagine a lousier solution. I mean, if a new radiator is the new answer, then you're talking three grand just to move stuff out of the way, and then the cost of the winch and install. You could put $5k into it easy which is stupid for a winch.

The issue highlights the fact that someone needs to make a dedicated solution just for getting a winch in place. Instead of putting in a giant power oriented IC, what we need is a simple kit to relocate the existing IC and fans. It's what, a third the size of this monster? Then if someone would make an anti-raptor grille kit that eliminates the giant FORD, then you'd probably end up with similar airflow to the radiator as stock. If someone could put together a kit like that for $500-$750, they make a mint.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man. I didn't realize it was in front of my nose.

No worries. And here's the aluminum jobby that I run...

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/cbr-oem-ford-raptor-replacement-radiator/

I don't know if they have one for the Gen 2 yet, though.

The issue highlights the fact that someone needs to make a dedicated solution just for getting a winch in place. Instead of putting in a giant power oriented IC, what we need is a simple kit to relocate the existing IC. It's what, a third the size of this monster? Then if someone would make an anti-raptor grille kit that eliminates the giant FORD, then you'd probably end up with similar airflow to the radiator as stock.

I hear what you are saying but I also think a lot of guys don't mind upgrading the IC because heat soak is so bad stock. I've seen dyno runs drop off as much as 80 horsepower when heat soaked.

ewm98

Reaction score
i think that is the truck that galpin built for salmondrin.

Gallon built the truck back in 2015 when there wasn’t a Raptor out at the time. Salomondrin bought it last year when they decided to sell. I think it’s actually pretty capable from what I hear.