Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeadLocker

Reaction score
Got in my 2020 Raptor (802a pkg) today and the following functions in my upper console (in front of upfitter switches) are not receiving power: All Map Lights, all interior lights, HomeLink, Passenger and Driver Vanity Mirrors, Retractable Sun Shade and Pano Sun Roof-All not receiving power. However, all upfitter switches and rear window slider do have power and are operating nominally. Searched forums for a solution without much success. I checked Fuse 27 (Sun Roof) on the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel--Fuse is Intact. I checked Body Control Module Fuse #4 in the Battery Junction Box--Fuse is Intact. I unhooked the battery for 20 minutes and then reinstalled post cables to do a hard reset--No effect. I removed the upper console and checked all connections--All Intact. Still have no power. I'm wondering if one of the pin connections may have gone bad or if a ground wire came loose. I did find a recent F-150 diagram illustrating a wire harness that connects all the affected accessories in this upper console (attached). All the affected accessories I am having problems with are connected to this wire harness.

Root Cause Possibility: The only thing I did recently that I can think of that may be related to the root cause of this problem was turn off the auto wiper rain sensor on dashboard control panel from auto sensing to normal. I did that a couple days ago. Coincidence or not, this is the same window of time I noticed my cab lights not powering on when I exited the vehicle. I see from this diagram that the rain sensor module is connected to the same wire harness as all the other affected accessories that no longer receive power. It seems to me that there may be a correlation between me turning off the auto wiper rain sensor and these other issues. They all share the same wire harness. I'm wondering if when I switched that module off, it failed and as a result, that switch is preventing all the other switches from getting power.

I do not have a check engine light but when I hooked up my code reader to the OBD2 port, the truck is throwing two undefined codes that I can't find much on: U023A and U0256. These seem to be "Lost Communication Codes" with the main computer network and lost communication with "Front Controls Interface Modules." I am reaching the limits of my amateur electrical troubleshooting and not sure what these codes mean or if they are related to this current power loss on the upper console.

I'm just barely out of warranty 37,000 miles...of course. Any suggestions before I have to take it do the dealer? Help??

overhead module schematic.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
can you try clearing the codes? I tripped a BCM fault once that shut off multiple lights, cleared and all was well.

OP
OP
B

BeadLocker

Reaction score
Thanks for responding so quickly. I cleared the codes and reset several times--no change. There is still no power to any of the accessories on that 14334 wire harness and no illumination to any of the console buttons that harness feeds.

I re-checked all of the BCM fuses--All Intact. I also re-checked the four larger BCM fuses on the Battery Junction Box that feed the BCM-All in tact. I double checked the BCM grounds behind the passenger kick plate--ground connections are all tight.

I don't know if the auto rain sensor has failed and that is causing a short in the entire wire harness. It wasn't working correctly. Or maybe a factory ground connection came loose somewhere. I do offroad my rig. Lot's of trails at low and high speeds. Some ground connection may have come loose on the harness. But I haven't found anything loose.

Any other ideas? I hate taking it to the dealer!

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’m at a loss. besides the wiper thing, any recent mods, changes or work done to the truck?

OP
OP
B

BeadLocker

Reaction score
Im at a loss too. No recent mods. Just changed the oil is all. Weird. I’m just going to take it in and have the ford guys look at it. Thanks for taking some time to help me triage it.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How ironic that this just happened to you - I'm facing the same problem right now! Noticed it when I got in my truck in the dark 10 minutes ago and no interior lights came on. Tried my sunroof controls and sure enough they don't work either. I'm still under warranty, but the dealers around me are clueless. I do have some forscan mods as well, but they were done 2 months ago.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try checking the ground.. I think it's behind the passenger rear seat on the back wall
Looks like you're right, but I can't find the ground you're talking about?

Just pulled this code with Forscan:

Code: B14AA - Demand Lamp Output

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Short To Ground

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Body Control Module

smurfslayer

Reaction score
can you try clearing the codes? I tripped a BCM fault once that shut off multiple lights, cleared and all was well.

similar BCM fault shut some of my lights off, but not for the short circuit.

Good luck with the repair!

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BeadLocker Have you taken your truck to the dealer yet? Everyone I've talked to seems to think its the BCM. Every dealer around me is booked until mid july.