Over Sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
While the initial reaction I have to this is “the Boston hello” ( Go F*** yourself ), don’t do this. You shouldn’t close the door completely with ***, instead, you leave your contact info and say ‘when you’re serious about selling, give me a call’. Others have advocated the call around strategy of ‘I’ll buy at MSRP, no more’.

The only way this changes is if people who get this answer don’t buy, but not only that, tell others to avoid this place. Spread the word far and wide.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Gen 2 release where 90% of dealers have ADM, then 2-1/2 years from now they will be calling asking us to buy at invoice. Will join the club then, just need some patience. $25K is an awful lot of money (to me at least) to burn in a barrel essentially.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the initial reaction I have to this is “the Boston hello” ( Go F*** yourself ), don’t do this. You shouldn’t close the door completely with ***, instead, you leave your contact info and say ‘when you’re serious about selling, give me a call’. Others have advocated the call around strategy of ‘I’ll buy at MSRP, no more’.

The only way this changes is if people who get this answer don’t buy, but not only that, tell others to avoid this place. Spread the word far and wide.
My dealer said they would sell at MSRP but I don’t really have a good feeling about paying MSRP for a truck that will essentially be a previous MY by the time I get it. Most likely September I’m guessing??

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1 on this, if people don’t give in to this robbery they won’t be able to do it. They WILL come down. I got into an argument with a dealer on a FB Raptor forum that thought he was doing everyone a big fat favor by selling at $5000 over and if they didn’t want to do it, they “couldn’t afford a 100,000 K truck”. What a twit….

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well said, however we are only in this situation because people do still pay these prices literally for years after the initial release. I bought my 2019 with many dealers still charging $5K over and I walked away from them.:flipthebird: The dealer I finally bought from was at MSRP, but said they were only selling at MSRP because I was local.

We need everyone to stop supporting dealer markup. I would rather wait a couple years anyway to get some of the bugs out of the new design. Glad I don't have a plastic oil drain plug. :oops: