Outlaw Raptor LED Bulb Packages Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing. I'm just saying HID's have the same issue with the drop in current draw. That's why if you add a plug n play HID kit to a Mercedes or BMW, you gotta change something in the computer. Not sure if it's the same for the Raptor, but my HID's don't like the Auto setting on startup very much...

Got it...I am tempted to call my dealer...but I just don't like them messing with my truck...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You having the same issues?

Just with the hyper flash on the tails...maybe they could change a setting or something for the LEDs, without needing resistors, relays, etc...

I still have the Still have the stocker headlights...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just with the hyper flash on the tails...maybe they could change a setting or something for the LEDs, without needing resistors, relays, etc...

I still have the Still have the stocker headlights...

I don't think so, but I could be wrong

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I just completely Hijack Outlaw's thread?....what are you HIDs doing?

No Worries Man. This is good information!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Mabye try using a smaller LED bulb front and rear. Instead of a super bright one up front.

This is strange. Ive done LED conversions on older vehicles and never had the hyper flash if the matching bulbs were replaced. The raptor might be so advanced that it needs the computer to be flashed.

If this is the case we might have to stop selling these or make them special order because I doubt people are going to get their trucks reprogrammed to run LED turn signals LOL

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Worries Man. This is good information!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Mabye try using a smaller LED bulb front and rear. Instead of a super bright one up front.

This is strange. Ive done LED conversions on older vehicles and never had the hyper flash if the matching bulbs were replaced. The raptor might be so advanced that it needs the computer to be flashed.

If this is the case we might have to stop selling these or make them special order because I doubt people are going to get their trucks reprogrammed to run LED turn signals LOL

My bulbs all came from superbrightleds.com and are same except the front is amber and the rear is red...

I guess the older vehicles don't have the fast flash feature to let you know a bulb is out...as i understand it, the LEDs draw so little power the computer thinks a bulb is out...

If you had a LED Decoder or some module you could sell that is "plug and play" that might help...

Did you stick your LEDs in one of your Raptor Blinkers? if so what happened?

Thanks,

Fred

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No we haven't tried the blinkers yet. As soon as we get some time well give it a try and see if we get the hyper flash.