Out of Warrantee Cam Phaser Repair cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the reply @FordTechOne ! I’ll send this to the dealer and see what he says. I assume I should wait till letter goes out and save the $$$ to repair now!
Do not wait for a letter. Push this now, and if your dealer says 'no', move on to the next dealer. Ford should be paying for this.

Hmm, I have pretty much always had this. Is this free even if out of warranty cause it is a tsb?

With the TSB, you get the 'get out of jail free' card. With that said, get it fixed ASAP.

It is surprising that you both let this issue go. Why would you not address? A quick google search of ecoboost startup rattle brings up quite a bit of valuable information that tells you there is an issue.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not wait for a letter. Push this now, and if your dealer says 'no', move on to the next dealer. Ford should be paying for this.

With the TSB, you get the 'get out of jail free' card. With that said, get it fixed ASAP.

It is surprising that you both let this issue go. Why would you not address? A quick google search of ecoboost startup rattle brings up quite a bit of valuable information that tells you there is an issue.
If it is just startup rattle, it can wait. Mine has been doing it for almost 3 years now... no issue other than the noise and mine still doesn't do it all the time, I'd say 25% of the time it will rattle, the other times it's normal.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it is just startup rattle, it can wait. Mine has been doing it for almost 3 years now... no issue other than the noise and mine still doesn't do it all the time, I'd say 25% of the time it will rattle, the other times it's normal.
The dude likes fear mongering. He claims to be "looking" for a Gen 1 Roush, yet spends all his time in the Gen 2 forum. Highly suspicious.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's out of warranty. That means HE would be the one paying for it, not the manufacturer. Once the customer satisfaction program is released for Raptor/Limited, it will be covered.
No, you do not. TSBs are not covered outside of warranty. Only recalls or an applicable customer satisfaction program.
Why...it's a noise, and one that a lot of people wouldn't even notice. I thought you were here to buy a Gen 1? All you seem to do is post misinformation in Gen 2 forums.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's out of warranty. That means HE would be the one paying for it, not the manufacturer. Once the customer satisfaction program is released for Raptor/Limited, it will be covered.

No, you do not. TSBs are not covered outside of warranty. Only recalls or an applicable customer satisfaction program.

Why...it's a noise, and one that a lot of people wouldn't even notice. I thought you were here to buy a Gen 1? All you seem to do is post misinformation in Gen 2 forums.

for a Ford tech, that is some ballsy information. Have you read your own past reference info on this cold start cam phasers failure? You seem to disregard your own advice. These people need to get their design issue addressed via tsb. Ford knows they have an issue/ just like they had an issue on 17-18.5 plastic oil pans. You can’t shut Ford doesn’t understand these warranty blunders.

OP
OP
R

Roverrich

Reaction score
So is the truck safe to run if I don't fix the phaser now? I seem to have fine oil pressure but the CEL did go on?

My big issue is I need to tow a boat this weekend, it is my only window of opportunity to get the boat launched since Covid f'd things up. I guess I can get truck now before repair starts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for a Ford tech, that is some ballsy information. Have you read your own past reference info on this cold start cam phasers failure? You seem to disregard your own advice. These people need to get their design issue addressed via tsb. Ford knows they have an issue/ just like they had an issue on 17-18.5 plastic oil pans. You can’t shut Ford doesn’t understand these warranty blunders.
No, it’s factual information. TSBs are not covered outside of warranty; that’s true for all manufacturers. Ford released a customer satisfaction program with an extended warranty for non-H.O. 3.5 and indicated that a program would be released for 3.5 H.O. at a later date. How am I “disregarding my own advice”? The design issue was already corrected with the latest TSB, as I’ve said countless times. You’re spreading misinformation, just as you’ve done in your other posts.

Which brings us back to the original question - why are you fear mongering in the Gen 2 forums when you don’t own one and have indicated you have no intent to?