Out of Warrantee Cam Phaser Repair cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
It’s only 500 miles past powertrain warranty, plead with them to still cover it under powertrain warranty.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s only 500 miles past powertrain warranty, plead with them to still cover it under powertrain warranty.
If it follows the same as the non-ho I think it was up to 70k miles it was covered 100%, then drops to 66% until 80k and then 33% to 90k. I could be wrong, that's just what I seem to remember the TSB stating

OP
OP
R

Roverrich

Reaction score
So just a follow up post on this. After sharing the TSB info from FordTechOne with my dealer, they were able to contract Ford corporate directly and they will fix truck under extended warrantee once the TSB for the Raptor is released. Thanks everyone for your comments and if you have a phaser problem with your Raptor, be aware that Ford will be extending warrantee coverage soon.

PCottle

Reaction score
Took my 2018 in to the dealer for the cold start clicking/rattle at 59k miles in March. Last Friday I cranked the truck and the normal rattle didn't go away. CEL came on on the way to work. Dealer now agrees that my VCT units are bad and quoted $3775.62 to replace them... Any suggestions? I took it to the dealer and complained of this issue and was told it was "Normal Characteristic" but now that I'm out of warranty its not not normal....

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell dealer to suck a bag of ***** and that you raised the issue before warranty expiration. if that doesn't work, take truck to a different dealer and plead your case. Last option is to call ford corp and open a case - if they do extend the warranty on the phasers it will be covered, if you had to pay out of pocket you would likely get reimbursed but who knows?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer and complained of this issue and was told it was "Normal Characteristic" but now that I'm out of warranty its not not normal....

Did the S/A log your concern on a ticket while you were under warranty? If so, bring the ticket back in, get the service manager and point out that you raised this concern under warranty, and your techs failed to address the concern. Suggest they should cover this repair under warranty.

you should contact Ford C/S.

If the S/A didn’t log the concern and there’s nobody who remembers you raising this concern, yeah, you’ve got an uphill climb.

Beenjammin

Reaction score
7/1/21 my 2017 raptor had the first phaser set replaced at 45k under warranty and today is at a local dealer having a second set installed 75k miles. I was quoted 1500 for the repair and Ford agreed to cover 50%. Once the customer service bulletin is released ill see if I can get some extra reimbursement, but I was happy to not have to come out of pocket for the full amount. Dealer feels it should have been free, but they didnt do the original repair and can only go by the codes listed under my VIN. If I had waited for the Bulletin, the prorated amount would have been mostly likely around the same anyway.