Out of Round METHOD Wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 20” method wheels (305s) and am running 37/12.5 MTs. When my tire guy went to balance them after installing a front lift, he told me that three out of the four wheels are out of round. I was noticing vibration at highway speeds prior to this, and thought it was just a balance issue. But he is saying that Three of the four wheels are not perfectly round.

I called method and they told me to take the truck to discount tire and have them check everything. Has anybody ever heard of this happening with method wheels?

OP
OP
R

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop that is saying they are out of round is using match mounting to attempt to balance, and that’s how he discovered the issue.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lords way of telling you to go back to 17s.

I did have an RTR wheel that was bent or out of round and it never balanced properly, discount threw it on at first with no issues and it was on the rear. Only saw an issue when i rotated it to the front and had vibrations, assumed they balanced the tires wrong. Took it to ford who dropped the news. Only can give you their suggestion of throwing it to the rear to help mitigate.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They can be out of round. A lot of the time it's shipping damage but sometimes it's a mfgr defect. As long as your wheels are less than 30 days old (Method is pretty flexible though) they will warranty them. Discount Tire or that tire shop will need to remove the tires and measure the raw wheel runout. That will tell you if they are truly defective. The matching process is only so accurate when it comes to measuring wheel runout while the tire is mounted. Most shops don't like taking the time to remove the tire (especially 37's) to get this measurement but the bead seat runout is much more accurate than the lip runout.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can be out of round. A lot of the time it's shipping damage but sometimes it's a mfgr defect. As long as your wheels are less than 30 days old (Method is pretty flexible though) they will warranty them. Discount Tire or that tire shop will need to remove the tires and measure the raw wheel runout. That will tell you if they are truly defective. The matching process is only so accurate when it comes to measuring wheel runout while the tire is mounted. Most shops don't like taking the time to remove the tire (especially 37's) to get this measurement but the bead seat runout is much more accurate than the lip runout.
Well let's hope he has an extra pair of tires!

OP
OP
R

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took to discount. They removed tires like you mentioned and apparently didn’t find anything wrong. Rebalanced and mounted. On way home my truck vibrating worse than it did before when another shop installed.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Took to discount. They removed tires like you mentioned and apparently didn’t find anything wrong. Rebalanced and mounted. On way home my truck vibrating worse than it did before when another shop installed.
What tires do you have?