Out of Round METHOD Wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you installed a front lift at the same time as a set of inexpensive aftermarket 20" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompson tires, I'd have been more surprised if you *didn't* have a vibration.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 20” method wheels (305s) and am running 37/12.5 MTs. When my tire guy went to balance them after installing a front lift, he told me that three out of the four wheels are out of round. I was noticing vibration at highway speeds prior to this, and thought it was just a balance issue. But he is saying that Three of the four wheels are not perfectly round.

I called method and they told me to take the truck to discount tire and have them check everything. Has anybody ever heard of this happening with method wheels?

And that’s what you get for going to a shop that allowed you to put 20” wheels on and doesn’t know what they are talking about. The likelihood of a new wheel being out of round, let alone 3 of them, is about a million to 1 to the power of 3. So impossible.

Go to a shop that knows how to balance a tire, and while they are at it, have them upgrade your truck by putting the stock tires and wheels back on.