Ouray, surrounding areas: 09/15-17/2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our annual pilgrimage to Denver to serve/drink free beer at GABF, we've planned side excursions to have a little fun.

We'll be driving up from the Austin area to Angel Fire on the 14th, then totally ignoring our two properties (which were spared from the fires) in SLV, to hit the trails near Ouray the 15th-17th, then off to Buena Vista for a night.

We have no real set itinerary, just whatever we wake up and feel like running that day.

All are welcome; we will have our truck tent, since pulling the RV drops the mpg down to zomg why levels.

-Tiffani

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were just up there a couple weeks ago in our D90. Great area! We are in Taos, NM hit me up when you come thru

OP
OP
TiNyLoBo

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna talk to the wife... I'd love to make it out there. We own a few silver mines around town...

Would be great to have some folks who aren't scared to get their trucks dirty *coughmostofAustincough* join in the fun! Guy in my neighborhood (only 44 homes, so we know everyone) has TWO Raptors. Neither has ever been offroad. Drives me crazy.

Danny and I own a couple properties in Blanca and San Luis; no awesome mines or anything, but hey, land is land...and we are definitely in land grab mode! =)

We were just up there a couple weeks ago in our D90. Great area! We are in Taos, NM hit me up when you come thru

Will do, thanks!

We love the area, especially when we had the FJ. Wanted to take the CJ7 up, but a neighbor really wanted to buy her, and well, I caved.

Very happy we have much better maps available these days, too...thanks, google, for telling us to take a right up a waterfall! Oh, the stories!