Ouray Colorado Imogene pass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small world, I'm also in Ridgway!

I have seen 3-4 Raptors around, a gal that drives a white scab with a shell, a guy in a lightning blue with a shell, my twin, another black scab and I saw a red Gen2 prowling around Log Hill. Any of those you?

MAXTRAX

Reaction score
I have seen 3-4 Raptors around, a gal that drives a white scab with a shell, a guy in a lightning blue with a shell, my twin, another black scab and I saw a red Gen2 prowling around Log Hill. Any of those you?

I literally picked mine up yesterday. I was previously running around town in a newer black F250 with all the bells and whistles. But I see the white one with the cab all around town, I feel like she's constantly at the grocery store.

We'll have to get coffee soon.

Attachments

• MattScottF250-1.jpg
    MattScottF250-1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 43

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I literally picked mine up yesterday. I was previously running around town in a newer black F250 with all the bells and whistles. But I see the white one with the cab all around town, I feel like she's constantly at the grocery store.

We'll have to get coffee soon.

How was it taking a full size on those trails? Did you do blackbear?

MAXTRAX

Reaction score
How was it taking a full size on those trails? Did you do blackbear?

The only problem with a full size turbo diesel on these passes is finding places to pass people. Heaps of power.

As previously mentioned, full size trucks run these with tourists on the back all day.

I didn't do black bear. I've done it a few times and really don't need to do it again as the trailhead is maybe 15 minutes further than Imogene from my house.

OP
OP
AndysLog

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea we saw those dudes trailing all the people on vaca both days. hilarious because it hailed on us one day and rained another.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea we saw those dudes trailing all the people on vaca both days. hilarious because it hailed on us one day and rained another.

Usually rains every afternoon during July and August, our monsoon season :biggrin: Some of the downpours are quite impressive often with inches of hail falling in the high country on the jeep roads. How Atvs and raincoats have become so popular is beyond my comprehension. I just turn on the wipers and the AC if necessary and carry on in comfort...

The tour companies all have tops and raincoats for riders. I suppose you could go alfresco on request LOL

Grey03Cobra

Reaction score
Beautiful shots! After I read posts like this I get all anxious to hit the trails around here. I’m fortunate that only 3 miles away is Apex, which has some pretty good terrain and dunes...nothing to the level of this thread, but fun nonetheless.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has been most enjoyable, guys. Thank you!

My husband and I will be in/around Ouray September 15-18, if anyone wants to buddy up.

You can't miss my 2017 black SCREW with bright pink Decepticon stickers and horns...well, actually, I suppose you CAN miss her, but why would you want to?! lol