Ouch...... Anyone Here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowViper

Reaction score
Think he saw one too many raptor assualt videos of the embankment lean, figured he could do it better... well they won for sure, why do 30 degrees when you can do 90.

All seriousness, hope everyone is ok.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Sure hope everyone got out OK. Now let’s fix this! Get another vehicle and hook a snatch to the bottom tow point. Snatch that baby down hill it looks like which should turn it a bit side ways with a few bikers pushing on th rear. Once you get it down a bit, hook the snatch to the frame mid way on top side, all bikers on other side to lift up and all go at once and pop that puppy on all fours. Get in from passenger side and drive that puppy home. Don’t forget to pick up the folding mirror. Could be a bit dangerous for some but I don’t see a boom operator bring his rig out there for any less than half the cost of the truck. Improvise, adapt, and overcome my friends. Any way you look at this situation it’s gonna be expensive in the end. I feel for you man..

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnetic Grey! Must have run over an area of ground with high iron content that just pulled the truck over!

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say he went up on that bank to the right to avoid a hole on the left side of the trail, got a bit too high up the bank and it tipped. I've had a couple of close calls that way in another vehicle. Also there's no way that's magnetic gray, that thing is way too light. Must be someone else's truck. Hope insurance covers it!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Sure hope everyone got out OK. Now let’s fix this! Get another vehicle and hook a snatch to the bottom tow point. Snatch that baby down hill it looks like which should turn it a bit side ways with a few bikers pushing on th rear. Once you get it down a bit, hook the snatch to the frame mid way on top side, all bikers on other side to lift up and all go at once and pop that puppy on all fours. Get in from passenger side and drive that puppy home. Don’t forget to pick up the folding mirror. Could be a bit dangerous for some but I don’t see a boom operator bring his rig out there for any less than half the cost of the truck. Improvise, adapt, and overcome my friends. Any way you look at this situation it’s gonna be expensive in the end. I feel for you man..
I found a cheaper way..although it was in a shit box Suzuki SideKick rental...years back was in Costa Rica looking at some land up a Jungle Road...still dont know how it happened,wasnt drinking..lol...just did a 3 point turn,up side of hill a little,next thing I know I'm flipped on my side....I was bummed,and could only see $$ signs....Owner of Property gets out of his Jeep and says NO PROBLEMA...WFT,are you crazy,I got a rental car on its side in the middle of nowhere.....Again..NO PROBLEMA....we get in his Jeep and head down to the local BAR in town....he goes in and next thing I know hes got 4 guys hanging out back of his Jeep and another old pick-up following with 6-7 more....I asked him what he said and he told me I owed everyone a drink when we returned...!! It was now funnier than shit....the hell with the flipped Suzuki..this is gonna be fun....Well,they had it turned right side up in 30 seconds....BAck at the bar,I bought a round for everyone,paid for a second,as I had to get going,and then bought a case of beer and a bottle of their rot gut whisky they love and gave it to the group....All in all,it cost me under $50...and I had a dozen new friends in CR...NOW....dont know where this poor Raptor was turned over,but if there is a local bar around....need to round up 3-4 times as many guys to flip it,and a couple hundred for beers..!
OH...and lucked out at rental place also....of course I didnt have the Insurance (I was dumb once..LOL)...I figured I'd be looking at $1500 bill to fix.....they even called the "local" body shop to come down....used bumper,new mirror,fix the front fender dent and scraps on entire drivers side....$220.....sometimes I get lucky... Although wasnt very funny going thru it..looking back...$270 for all that fun...Priceless....