Orders w/ multiple dealers…Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJackson

Reaction score
I have spent countless hours researching and calling dealers in the eastern half of the country over the past 6 months. I have orders in with multiple dealers hoping an allocation opens up. If I get more than one allocation, I am considering buying multiple (I have a brother and friend who are interested in buying it through me). I would use their cash (certified check, whatever…not exactly sure) to pay in full. My order will be financed. So my name would be on multiple orders in Ford’s system. Anyone know if this could trigger an issue with Ford? If so, I’ll need to tell my brother and friend to go scrap. Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possibly very well could. I would assume if its 2 and you can justify it for family members it could be possibly explained away and won't draw attention. more than 3. probably. I am not sure if they are going as far as making people keep them for a period of time if you have multiple orders or not. I assume not. but it could come up. My brother in law works for VW and they are researching the hell out of multiple orders being submitted by people. their research is now showing that dealerships (are dumb as hell). are using all different people (friends and family of the salespeople). to place orders for them (probably giving them kick backs). the funny thing they are using dealership credit card, computer and same ISP for all the ordering. red flags everywhere.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt if it throws flags. They contacted me because I placed an order for a Raptor & a base F-150 work truck then an Expedition at another dealer in about 3 weeks time.

OP
OP
R

RJackson

Reaction score
Thanks Grayson. I’m going to put my peeps in direct contact with some dealers to keep me out of it. It’s hard enough landing one of these things without shooting myself in the foot.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another dealer was talking about the whole order process and I agree - will likely throw flags.

Dealers were making up supposed spec orders to get certain configurations of vehicles on their lots so Ford now checks every order against the supposed customer information to make sure it all lines up among other things. Dealers making up supposedly sold orders get smacked pretty hard.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a dealer used my name in any capacity without my knowledge I believe I would seek legal action