Ordering without an Allocation is a waste of time....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford top mgmt is filled with idiots and it clearly shows...too bad they are too incompetent to only figure it out after the fact it will cost them billion +. Starts at the top. Get your sheet together and quit trying to pander to electric garbage that is killing the blood line now. Nuff said.

Details: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/19/for...ply-chain-costs-during-the-third-quarter.html
While we are at it, should probably bring back carbureted engines too, we don’t want to advance as a society….

mmm184

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same thing. I successfully ordered a 22 Raptor about 6 months ago (at MSRP). My local dealer has one allocation and he was nice enough to give it to me (small town). I received updates from Ford all along and even got a build date over the summer (August?). Well, just the other day, Ford sent me a new update and said my Raptor is delayed indefinitely due to supply chain issues. They'll send another update in 45 days...

One year ago I ordered an F250 diesel Tremor at below MSRP. I was going to cancel that and just get the Raptor. In hindsight, I'm glad I kept the F250 order open. The F250 is finally in transit to my dealer.

I'm losing hope of ever getting a new Raptor. I have a 17 Rousch Raptor that I'll likely trade on the F250. I'll miss it (is by far the best truck I've ever owned). These are very strange times. Not sure how much longer America, and basically the whole world, can tread water.

Best of luck to you!

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ask my dealer “does my order have an allocation tied to it or is it just an open order”? Is that enough to get clarification?

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ask my dealer “does my order have an allocation tied to it or is it just an open order”? Is that enough to get clarification?
Go straight to sales mgr. or general mgr. to inquire further for confirmation of specialty vehicle allocation for order. Skip the rank and file mgrs or floor ee's. Basicay for allocations... the zone mgr. will inform the dealership of any specialty vehicle allocations granted - and then the regional scheduler is the only one who can schedule weekly against said allocation. And at that time of granting allocation inform them also of any commodity restraints (no R, no 37pp, etc.) on said allocation(s) granted.

For more specifics and to better arm yourself with some knowledge... at the time a retail order is placed via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the customer's e-mail address should be attached to the order. In addition, the Dealer should submit the order information, signed Buyer's Order and customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) or applicable ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program).

***Verified COVP or ROVP retail orders qualify for incremental allocations if granted (these are required for specialty vehicles: Raptor, Shelby, etc.) and priority scheduling.****

COVP and ROVP orders can get scheduled at any time. Regular scheduling is normally done on Thursday mornings for weeks that a vehicle line has scheduling.

****Stock orders and retail orders without incremental allocation are scheduled using allocation that is determined on a monthly basis through the monthly wholesale allocation agreement (based on a formula) between Ford and the dealership.***

So assuming an allocation was granted for the specialty vehicle... the sales mgr. and/or general have 24/7 access to Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling. Go get em!!

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go straight to sales mgr. or general mgr. to inquire further for confirmation of specialty vehicle allocation for order. Skip the rank and file mgrs or floor ee's. Basicay for allocations... the zone mgr. will inform the dealership of any specialty vehicle allocations granted - and then the regional scheduler is the only one who can schedule weekly against said allocation. And at that time of granting allocation inform them also of any commodity restraints (no R, no 37pp, etc.) on said allocation(s) granted.

For more specifics and to better arm yourself with some knowledge... at the time a retail order is placed via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the customer's e-mail address should be attached to the order. In addition, the Dealer should submit the order information, signed Buyer's Order and customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) or applicable ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program).

***Verified COVP or ROVP retail orders qualify for incremental allocations if granted (these are required for specialty vehicles: Raptor, Shelby, etc.) and priority scheduling.****

COVP and ROVP orders can get scheduled at any time. Regular scheduling is normally done on Thursday mornings for weeks that a vehicle line has scheduling.

****Stock orders and retail orders without incremental allocation are scheduled using allocation that is determined on a monthly basis through the monthly wholesale allocation agreement (based on a formula) between Ford and the dealership.***

So assuming an allocation was granted for the specialty vehicle... the sales mgr. and/or general have 24/7 access to Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling. Go get em!!

Spoke to the order and inventory manager today he did say I have an allocation for my order.

On first order day I did do a DL, order form signed I submitted to them. I got an email from ford saying “we got your order.” Does that mean it’s just a matter of waiting to get scheduled now?

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the order and inventory manager today he did say I have an allocation for my order.

On first order day I did do a DL, order form signed I submitted to them. I got an email from ford saying “we got your order.” Does that mean it’s just a matter of waiting to get scheduled now?
Pretty much... some more info from the best sources (BOF) on scheduling limbo for orders that have an actual allocation...

Priority codes determine the order in which unscheduled orders should be reviewed and considered for scheduling. The original order date is also a consideration but is often overlooked due to applicable commodity restraints, plant constraints and other factors. Orders must meet the applicable commodity and plant constraints in order to be scheduled in the week that scheduling is done for the vehicle line.

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 but the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19 requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code with 10 being the best. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership and independent from any other dealership. Stock orders use priority codes 20-80. Priority code "99" means "Do NOT Schedule". Dealers can change priority codes at any time for unscheduled orders.

Priority codes 01 and 02 can only be assigned by the Ford regional office or Dearborn. Unscheduled orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the most consideration for scheduling.

Priority code 01 is absolutely the best code that can be assigned by Ford and gets the highest level of consideration and attention for scheduling, even more so than a 02 priority code. Ford makes every attempt possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get orders with a 01 priority code scheduled. If your order has been at priority code 01 for an extended period, it means that there's an issue, commodity or plant restraint that Ford can't make an exception to in order to expedite scheduling your order. Talk to your Dealer! Do not rely on what a sales representative tells you as they are usually not experienced or knowledgeable about the retail order and scheduling process or have access to the information resources available. You need to talk directly to the Sales Manager or General Manager.

There are a lot of factors involved in getting orders scheduled for production including the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues with 37 different vendors, etc. Your vehicle specifications along with the original order date are also factors.

I wish you good flow from order thru delivery.