Ordering without an Allocation is a waste of time....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I did some calling around and do have a Hummer reserved but I thought I could easily trade my Gen 2 for a Gen 3 at MSRP. Wrong, if your dealer doesn't have an allocation to give you then you will NOT be getting a Gen 3. They can or will order it for you on your choice but I called my local dealer and their 2 allocations for 2023 are already claimed or so they say. The last Raptor I saw them sell was a 37PP in antimatter blue for $108k. I was able put some back up offers in and with interest rates unless someone can't pay a 1500-1800 truck payment then they might call.

I guess I am just going to be happy with my Gen 2 at least for the next 3 years or so. Unless this supply chain gets fixed I don't think a lot of people are going to be getting Gen 3 Raptors. Honestly I like the looks of the Gen 2 better but the tech packages and displays in the Gen 3 was making me want to switch.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, have a 2020. I ordered a '22 in January and it didn't get picked up. The dealer called today saying they just got 4 '23 Raptors picked up for dealer orders and do I want one. Of course that's at the '23 price with ADM. Will not do anything to honor my '22 pricing or remove ADM since I've had an order with them since January.

I guess I'll be sticking with my '20 for a few more years. The display/tech and pro power were my main reasons for upgrading.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford needs to unfùck the backlog before the die hards start jumping ship because they’re going to be the only ones going after the truck with an ordering process this cumbersome. I have trouble planning what I have for dinner, much less planning 2-3 years ahead for my next Raptor purchase. Instead, I’d probably wait and just get a TRX on shorter notice. That is, if Ford really wants us to buy TRX’s, which it sort of appears they do.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford needs to unfùck the backlog before the die hards start jumping ship because they’re going to be the only ones going after the truck with an ordering process this cumbersome. I have trouble planning what I have for dinner, much less planning 2-3 years ahead for my next Raptor purchase. Instead, I’d probably wait and just get a TRX on shorter notice. That is, if Ford really wants us to buy TRX’s, which it sort of appears they do.

Yeah, it is a messed up process. I know the owner of one dealership that I have dealt with forever but his GM keeps holding allocations and giving them to his buddies. Real awesome so I called a dealer with 20 allocations and got on their list. If Tesla could come out with the Cyber truck or Chevy with the EV Silverado then this would crush Raptor sales IMO. Only people getting Raptors now are those paying 90-120k. More power to them, I am not paying that for a Raptor.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a messed up process. I know the owner of one dealership that I have dealt with forever but his GM keeps holding allocations and giving them to his buddies. Real awesome so I called a dealer with 20 allocations and got on their list. If Tesla could come out with the Cyber truck or Chevy with the EV Silverado then this would crush Raptor sales IMO. Only people getting Raptors now are those paying 90-120k. More power to them, I am not paying that for a Raptor.

Thanks for the laugh.