Ordering a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do I need to do to order a Raptor? Do I just head to the local place and sit down with a salesman? Never ordered a auto before. Also what are the benefits to ordering one? Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the dealers selling around invoice thread. find a dealer near you that is willing to play ball. you will most likely want to talk to the fleet manager since they are mostly the ones who order vehicles. tell him/her that you want to order a raptor and then you will go into their office and they will get the order submitted to ford. very simple and straightforward but i can see how the first time can make you feel a bit nervous. if you go by the dealer list on the thread, you cant go wrong. they wont jack up the price and they have been used by forum members here already. play it cool and relax and let them know that you know about invoice pricing. you may or may not have to mention dealer holdback. i did on my first raptor purchase, but you shouldnt have to.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

the benifits of ordering one. ITS YOURS AND NOBODY ELSES. your trucks seat is only going to have a couple asses in it by he time you get it. no other customer at the dealer can sit in it, test drive it, have their kids in the back seat, etc. and ordering the truck allows for better pricing.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard FNG! Go online 1st & use build tool to set your Raptor like you want and save/print it. I would also recommend using buying services such as USAA, COSTCO or TruCarValue.com.

ASURAPTORNUT

Reaction score
For me it seemed that ordering one from the factory was the only option. I only wanted the 801A package and a tailgate step, and it seemed every Raptor that dealers had in stock was fully loaded. Depending on the options you are looking at it may be a necessity to order one.

Like Nosbusa said, another great benefit is making sure no one is taking your brand new truck for a dealer joy ride.

:welcome:

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where are you in the US? Lots of guys/gals here that will point you to a good dealership if they knew your location

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pros of ordering:
- you get exactly the truck you want, with all and only the options you want
- should save you a few thousand over buying a dealer stock truck, since you can get it close to invoice

Cons:
- you'll have to wait a couple months from placing your order until you get your truck

I agree with Blind, go to ford.com and build one, so you'll know what options you want. Then the dealer just has to enter your order into the order bank.

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used edmunds.com and Ford builder before ordering and then just when to dealers. If didn't want to deal I moved on until I found the dealer that went 1500 over invoice. It only took about 5 hours and only need to go to 3 dealers. The second dealer I went to, the fleet manager have me the number of salesman at another dealership that would go 1500 over the invoice.

If they don't want to deal just walk away. No hard feelings just find a dealership that wants your business.