Ordered two Raptors and.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because you have a sales code and order number does NOT mean the dealer has an allocation. Ask me and many others on here, how we know this. All that means is the dealer submitted the order to Ford and Ford has accepted it. It does not mean they have an allocation. And that order will sit in Ford's system as 'unschedule clean' until the end of time or until the dealer that submitted it gets an allocation and applies it to your order.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because you have a sales code and order number does NOT mean the dealer has an allocation. Ask me and many others on here, how we know this. All that means is the dealer submitted the order to Ford and Ford has accepted it. It does not mean they have an allocation. And that order will sit in Ford's system as 'unschedule clean' until the end of time or until the dealer that submitted it gets an allocation and applies it to your order.
It’s all confusing now with allocations…if your order was submitted through the COVP (customer order verification program) like mine…it bypasses the dealership allocation system and awards dealership incremental allocations for using the program. There are a bunch of threads on different raptor/bronco/maverick forums all about the process. If you don’t use the program, you just have to wait until your dealership gets an allocation.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have order sheets from both. Going to call Ford Performance on Monday. Just hard to believe both dealers botched my email. Neither would take a deposit either, but I'll worry about that down road. To be clear, I'm not mad I don't have a truck. I am content waiting as long as they have an allocation and I'm in line to be built.
You want the actual DORA. That is Ford's acceptance of the dealer's order. It comes from Ford to the dealer. You have to ask your dealer for a copy.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Exactly, the key is the dealer having an allocation and them applying that allocation to your order. My dealer wouldnt take an order until they had allocations. That way your order actually gets placed. The dealers taking "orders" without allocations are really causing alot of this order purgatory...

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what my dealer sent me when submitting my order through COVP for the Raptor and have another confirmation from Ford when order was placed.F4CE7DD6-5667-4B78-9347-4913B5BAB71F.jpeg

Last edited:

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain I ordered 12/3 and only thing I got was a confirmation email from ford.

I went over to the dark side and ordered a TRX on 12/16. My salesman text me today informing me my truck was in paint. Will likely be here in the beginning of Feb. Come on in the water is great lol

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain I ordered 12/3 and only thing I got was a confirmation email from ford.

I went over to the dark side and ordered a TRX on 12/16. My salesman text me today informing me my truck was in paint. Will likely be here in the beginning of Feb. Come on in the water is great lol
I’d still like to hear fords excuse on why they can’t build raptors. Took you 13 days to get to paint in your Ram? That’s what I’m talking about!

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d still like to hear fords excuse on why they can’t build raptors. Took you 13 days to get to paint in your Ram? That’s what I’m talking about!
That is correct.

Order date: 12/16

D1 on 12/22...(all parts to build your truck are available and have been assembled and are awaiting production)

F status (paint) 1/12

Depending on how much I like/dislike the TRX...I may consider selling it for my raptor if it ever gets built. Unfortunately I don't know if Ford will give me a chance to do that lol and I'm done with trying to figure out who has an allocation. I mean I'm not going to be upset if I get "stuck" with a 703HP OEM truck lmao.