Ordered two Raptors and.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In early November after a ton of research on this forum, I ordered a Raptor at two different stealerships here in Texas. I ordered a lowly 800a with no bedliner and auto stop/start delete. I was sure to ask the dealers if they had an allocation, and both checked and got back with me in a day or so and said they did. Here I am in January, and have never even got an email from ford. No thanks for the order, no Vin, nothing. Have been in contact with the dealers and they have nothing for me. This system is complete insanity considering Fords size and brand. Anyone in a similar spot?

cadurham88

Reaction score
You are not alone...this site is littered with users that have similar experiences. I ordered a truck in Nov, got the Ford e-mail and then nothing for two months. The process is just not great, if you order something you should get that something or be updated as to why not. Dealers don't need to do anything with your order, they may not have the ability (allocation) to get the truck, its truly crazy. So, I found a truck and bought it.

speed77

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 (just in case this 21 never arrives) in late Oct. It’s a 37 pp but haven’t gotten anything. Dealer is good and they said ball is in Fords court and they have an allocation they just aren’t scheduling 37s. I think it’s a total gamble.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you really going to buy two Raptors? I assume no and that you were just trying to get one.

I completely agree that the process (if you can call it that) is terrible and leaves much to be desired. I ordered a '21 in June on day one of ordering with my local dealer. Never heard a peep from Ford and felt like I was bothering the dealer and Ford Performance for updates. This forum was the best source of info for me. My dealer reordered a '22 for me when ordering opened up and some how I got a VIN and a build week two weeks later. Still nothing from Ford.

What I do think is contributing to crazy ADM's and availability issues is the demand for these trucks is over inflated as many people order from multiple dealers just hoping to find one truck. Then once found, they walk away from the other order(s) they had. The dealers have no clue and just see the list of people trying to buy a truck at their dealership. So they crank up the price and at the same time send Ford the order even if they don't have an allocation for it. Then the order ends up in unscheduled clean purgatory.

I feel your frustration. I'm just over 7 months in at this point. Ford needs to up their customer service if they want to move from a buy off the dealer lot model to build to order. A good place to start would be a non-refundable deposit direct to Ford for a custom order & some sort of confirmation process. I'd happily hand them several thousand dollars to get in line for a Raptor of my build specs and it may solve some of the madness we are seeing in the market too.

Last edited: