Ordered Raptor...will I get one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am starting to have a bad taste in my mouth about ford...I no longer have brand loyalty when all the dealers in SoCal want $5-10k over sticker. They can over charge all they want, but makes me want to change up loyalty for the long term. Never thought that I would feel this way, but my rule is treat people how they treat you...and they have no love at all. bad biz tactics for the longer term

What does this have to do with the ford brand?

VMAN

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the ford brand?

Not much, other than Ford could forbid it. Much the same way that some watchmakers will not allow their dealers to discount. All goes towards maintaining either brand exclusivity or brand values.

I'm all for a free economy, but what is Ford saying or not saying by allowing this practice. Personally I don't really have a problem with it. My truck was marked up 10k on a lot, my dealer traded for it from another dealer and I paid under MSRP. Would I have spent 10k more....some might now.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford screws a lot of people over by not filling their orders for raptors because they sold them to someone else for more $, its not very smart business to do that to your potential customers. I see where he is coming from

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. nobody is getting screwed by ford. They are obviously limited by what they can produce. At this point in time, demand has surpassed supply. Economics 101

Ill say it again: You are confusing a dealership with mother ford

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am starting to have a bad taste in my mouth about ford...I no longer have brand loyalty when all the dealers in SoCal want $5-10k over sticker. They can over charge all they want, but makes me want to change up loyalty for the long term. Never thought that I would feel this way, but my rule is treat people how they treat you...and they have no love at all. bad biz tactics for the longer term

The dealerships are privately owned. They can sell their trucks for whatever they want. It's supply and demand, it's called capitalism. It's what makes this country great!

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. nobody is getting screwed by ford. They are obviously limited by what they can produce. At this point in time, demand has surpassed supply. Economics 101

If Ford keeps us waiting for several months and cancel our orders in the end, then yes, Ford is ******** us over.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What does the sign outside of the dealership say Lamont?

If Ford keeps us waiting for several months and cancel our orders in the end, then yes, Ford is ******** us over.

Ding ding ding ding ding we have a winner folks.

VMAN

Reaction score

BTW and FWIW my salesman said the following: there are 65,000 pending raptor orders....many will get screwed. Not sure where he got that number, but as we all know, placing an order is not the same as actually ordering and it being fulfilled.

Reminds of that Seinfeld sketch....you know how to take a reservation....

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW and FWIW my salesman said the following: there are 65,000 pending raptor orders....many will get screwed. Not sure where he got that number, but as we all know, placing an order is not the same as actually ordering and it being fulfilled.

Reminds of that Seinfeld sketch....you know how to take a reservation....

That will be 1/10 of the number that Ford sold F-150 last year...

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for joining us in this forum!
Do you have any idea if those orders recently placed will get built?
I just think Ford should officially set a cutoff date and then take care of ALL retail orders before that point. Otherwise, the customers would become so disappointed....

Hi, Broderick!

The best way for me to tell if a specific order is being produced is to check on its status. I don't have the ability to see a dealership's allocation, but I do try to get updated information out to folks who have ordered as quickly as possible. If you have an order you'd like me to check on, PM me your order number and dealership name/location and I'll take a look. :)

Crystal